Pentaglot
BelgiumRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5126 days ago

103 posts - 157 votes 
Speaks: Italian*, EnglishC2, French, SpanishB2, Portuguese

Message 9 of 49
28 January 2011 at 8:27pm | IP Logged 
Hola todos,

Acabo de terminar la lección número 10 de mi curso de español, y ahora “solo” me faltan
quince otras unidades… jejeje
He añadido a mi rutina diaria “Espartaco: sangre y arena”, una reciente serie de
televisión estadounidense que me encanta muchisimo. Todos los días miro un capitulo (ya
estoy al número 5) pero, desafortunatamente, voy a terminarlos temprano ya que solo hay
13 (¡qué lástima!).

Anteayer por la tarde compré mi nuevo curso de Afrikaans, voy a recibirlo en unos días.
No sé la razón, pero no pude encontrar ningún manual de conversación...

Edited by Fabrizio on 28 January 2011 at 8:39pm

1 person has voted this message useful

Fabrizio
Pentaglot
Joined 5126 days ago

103 posts - 157 votes 

Message 10 of 49
02 February 2011 at 9:49am | IP Logged 
Hello there,

One month has already gone since I started my personal log. Below a brief list of all
the activities I went through these first 30 days:

- Teach Yourself "Complete Spanish" (1 ~ 12 lessons) + Scriptorium exercises + Anki: 30
hours;
- Espacio en blanco (podcasts): 15 hours;
- Various documentaries: 3 hours 30 minutes;
- Espartaco: sangre y arena: 11 hours 30 minutes.

I can't report here any realiable account of my reading and speaking activities as I
couldn't, unfortunately, keep track of them (I can estimate them to be around a total
of 5 hours though.)
All this being said, here we are: 60/65 hours of learning activities and exposure to
the language. That is, around 2 hours of Spanish a day (100 hours/month is my personal
goal for February.)
However, I can't actually be satistied at all as I'm completely neglecting my Japanese
study. I feel so dam guilty... :P
Anyway, I'll be posting the result of a new Dele B2 sample test by the end of the week.

Stay tuned guys ;)

Edited by Fabrizio on 02 February 2011 at 9:50am

Fabrizio
Pentaglot
Joined 5126 days ago

103 posts - 157 votes 

Message 11 of 49
05 February 2011 at 6:44pm | IP Logged 
Hello everyone,

I'm just done with a 2nd complete sample test of the DELE B2 certification. Below my
final score:

- Reading Comprehension: 92% (83%)*
- Listening Comprehension: 75% (75%)
- Grammar and Vocabulary: 82% (66%)

* In brackets the percentage of correct answers of the previous simulation test I took
exactly 1 month ago.

Ahahah I think I’m getting better! Diligent study always pays you back :)

Fabrizio
Pentaglot
Joined 5126 days ago

103 posts - 157 votes 

Message 12 of 49
24 February 2011 at 5:58pm | IP Logged 
Hi there,

My journey to fluency goes on, and I’m happy to let you know guys I'm currently at the
19th lesson of my “Teach Yourself, Complete Spanish” course - only 6 units left,
hooray!
I’ve been watching tons of Spanish movies and chatting regularly with native speakers
(they are mostly from South America by they way). I’m getting positive feedbacks from
my language partners, but there’s – of course – plenty of space for improvements. What
matters to me is that I feel more and more confident everyday, and I can’t actually
wait to move on and go through the DELE B2 preparation course I’ve got. By the way,
I’ll be sitting another complete sample test soon, stay tuned!

Fabrizio

fortheo
United States
Joined 4980 days ago

187 posts - 222 votes 
Studies: French

Message 13 of 49
24 February 2011 at 7:58pm | IP Logged 
Nice log! I'm glad to see your making good progress in Spanish. I hope you don't completely stop Japanese. Perhaps your motivation will build if you start to remember the reasons why you wanted to learn the language in the first place? Japanese is one of those languages that takes a while to see results from, so don't be upset about that. I find I don't understand 90% of what i watch in Japanese dramas, or anime but if i hear even a word or phrase that i have learned from my studying, I become very happy and motivated. You just need to look at the positive side because you will only get better, if you continue learning new aspects of the language!

がんばって!

Fabrizio
Pentaglot
Joined 5126 days ago

103 posts - 157 votes 

Message 14 of 49
25 February 2011 at 8:18am | IP Logged 
Thank you very much for your post fortheo ;)

I didn't completely give up with Japanese, hell no! The point is that I'm running
against time as my graduation day gets closer, and I can't really concentrate on two
different languages at the moment. I had to pick the "easier" one, the one I could
already enjoy reading, listening, speaking (to a certain extent, at least). You know,
Japanese is simply awesome and I'll never give up with it, but I just feel it needs all
my attention. That language sucks away your life energies... eheheh

As you've probably read, I'm also hearing the call of Afrikaans and, surprise surprise,
there's now a Turkish bell ringing as well. I don't know, are too many the languages I
want to learn, and I maybe just need to make up my mind first. Spanish gives me the
possibility to achieve something in a relatively short period of time and maybe that's
what I need now. I'm just a "diglot" after all, and I can't wait the day I'll fell
confident enough with my language abilities to consider myself a "triglot" :) I know it
sounds stupid and obviously it's not simply matter of words definitions, but hell...

:)

Edited by Fabrizio on 25 February 2011 at 2:13pm

Fabrizio
Pentaglot
Joined 5126 days ago

103 posts - 157 votes 

Message 15 of 49
03 March 2011 at 8:58am | IP Logged 
Hello everyone,

Only four lessons left, I’ll probably be done with my Spanish course by mid-March!
Two months are way too much for completing the DELE B2 preparation course I've got (the
book itself says one month should be enough!), I’m wondering what I can do on the next 30
days after completing Teach Yourself… any good pieces of advice?

Edited by Fabrizio on 03 March 2011 at 9:00am

Fabrizio
Pentaglot
Joined 5126 days ago

103 posts - 157 votes 

Message 16 of 49
05 March 2011 at 4:27pm | IP Logged 
Hi there,

Below the result of my 3rd DELE B2 sample test*:

- Reading Comprehension: 83% (92%)
- Listening Comprehension: 92% (75%)
- Grammar and Vocabulary: 85% (82%)

* In brackets the percentage of correct answers of the previous test I took exactly one
month ago.

As you can see, compared to the previous test I unfortunately scored worse on the
reading section. A perfect understanding of the text doesn't seem me enough to score
100% right as questions are somehow tricky - I found myself hesitating in one or two of
them.

Anyway, the overall score is higher than 86%, congratz Fabri! (lol)

Ah, by the way, I'm about to finish lesson 22! Hooray :D

This discussion contains 49 messages over 7 pages: << Prev 13 4 5 6 7  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version