12 messages over 2 pages: 1
Javi
Spain
Joined 5912 days ago

419 posts - 548 votes 
Speaks: Spanish*

Message 9 of 12
22 April 2012 at 10:56am | IP Logged 
So now it comes that introverts don't like to communicate, that must be one of the
foolishest things I've read since I've been on the Internet. It makes me wonder how is
even possible that introverts came to speak their native languages in the first place
instead of, for example, being mute, which would be more appropriate for their extreme
condition. The thing is that introverts need to spend some time alone instead of being
around people 24/7, they prefer to create a close bond with a few people rather than
having a lot of shallower relationships, and they are usually better listeners than
talkers, but none of this is a serious barrier to learn a language.

Edited by Javi on 22 April 2012 at 10:57am

2 persons have voted this message useful

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6528 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 10 of 12
22 April 2012 at 2:34pm | IP Logged 
By all means learn about football!
Also, it's better to find classes in a smaller town, where people are less likely to speak English. You can still take trips from there to the major cities.

1 person has voted this message useful

Bao
Diglot
Germany
tinyurl.com/pe4kqe5
Joined 5697 days ago

2256 posts - 4046 votes 
Speaks: German*, English
Studies: French, Spanish, Japanese, Mandarin

Message 11 of 12
22 April 2012 at 9:23pm | IP Logged 
Javi wrote:
So now it comes that introverts don't like to communicate, that must be one of the foolishest things I've read since I've been on the Internet.

You might have noticed that even though it's in the title, the OP did not mention the idea of introversion again in the text and instead stated some specific concerns.

I myself am introverted, and I also suffer from social phobia. That doesn't mean I can't interact with people, but it means that it tends to be quite stressful. I did make good experiences with what I wrote before because even though I could've talked more, people in Spain accepted that I would exchange social niceties like greetings (I specifically asked everyone around me what they expected in the current situation, copied their interaction and did so until it became second nature) and then rather would listen to them than talk myself. Acting like that in a group meant that I could easily zone out for a moment when the flow of information had become too difficult to handle, something I don't do when I taking part in a conversation in German. That way, I could spend a much more time with other people than I used to.
1 person has voted this message useful

Antisrcen
Canada
Joined 4539 days ago

10 posts - 13 votes
Speaks: English*

Message 12 of 12
26 April 2012 at 6:45am | IP Logged 
Quote:
So now it comes that introverts don't like to communicate, that must be one of the
foolishest things I've read since I've been on the Internet. It makes me wonder how is
even possible that introverts came to speak their native languages in the first place
instead of, for example, being mute, which would be more appropriate for their extreme
condition.

I don't like to communicate with people unless it's necessary. Of course I'm not
going to assume it's the same across the board for all introverts. You just read what you
wanted to read so that you could go on an unnecessary rant.

2 persons have voted this message useful

This discussion contains 12 messages over 2 pages: << Prev 1

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version