United States
youtube.com/dearwandRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5205 days ago

38 posts - 39 votes
Speaks: English*
Studies: Spanish, French

Message 1 of 3
31 January 2012 at 9:27pm | IP Logged 
My absolute favorite TV program is the old series The Twilight Zone. I have found episodes of the series on YouTube.com in both English and Spanish. I would like to follow along with the Spanish audio while reading a script but have been unable to find Spanish versions.I'm really thinking about watching the English episodes then writing them out and then translating them into Spanish as closely as possible (L1-L2). I know this would be a time consuming process but I think I would get so much more out of watching the Spanish episodes if I had a script to follow. Does anyone here have any input or advice regarding this endeavor?   
1 person has voted this message useful

lingoleng
Germany
Joined 5232 days ago

605 posts - 1290 votes 

Message 2 of 3
31 January 2012 at 11:39pm | IP Logged 
dearwanderlust wrote:
My absolute favorite TV program is the old series The Twilight Zone. I have found episodes of the series on YouTube.com in both English and Spanish.

Sounds very interesting :-)
Have you searched for subtitles? I have just done a quick search and found links to subs for all the English episodes, and by searching for "dimension desconocida" or similar (Just copy and paste from your yt video) you should be able to find Spanish versions, too. How exactly they match and so on is the usual problem, but at least the English ones should be quite accurate. I am sure it is possible to print the subs (using a simple text editor e.g. )so that you can study them without watching. Have fun!

dearwanderlust
United States
youtube.com/dearwandRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5205 days ago

38 posts - 39 votes
Speaks: English*
Studies: Spanish, French

Message 3 of 3
01 February 2012 at 3:51pm | IP Logged 
I've never attempted a search for subtitled Twilight Zone episodes but that's a great idea. Just having the Spanish subtitles would be a tremendous help. Thanks for the suggestion!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version