Register  Login  Active Topics  Maps  

Best ways to make physical flash cards?..

Tags: Flash cards
 Language Learning Forum : Learning Techniques, Methods & Strategies Post Reply
paisley
Groupie
United States
Joined 5646 days ago

59 posts - 60 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Spanish, Mandarin

Message 1 of 3
10 February 2012 at 2:37am | IP Logged 
I know there are tons of computer websites and apps, but sometimes i just want physical cards. Is good ways you can suggest making or attaining self created flash cards? A popular method? A flash card specific paper product that works well for the printer? even a site I can order ones from after creating them online?

I'd prefer not to hand write them only because i want pictures instead of just writing the English word.

or is just putting 3 x 5's through a printer the easiest way to go.

thanks.

Edited by paisley on 10 February 2012 at 3:14am

1 person has voted this message useful

이희선
Groupie
Australia
Joined 4903 days ago

56 posts - 97 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Russian

Message 2 of 3
10 February 2012 at 7:12am | IP Logged 
I don't know of a specific Flashcard program but I can think of a few work-arounds.

1. Use pre-made business card cardsheets, like the Avery kind. It will have a template and everything for your
word processing program. This would be very easy and neat since they would all be uniform and they are made
to print on a printer really nicely and ar perforated to break apart cleanly. But I can imagine this would get rather
expensive.

2. Use just regular heavy paper or cardstock and make your own template for the word processor, using the
Labels function. Then print and cut them out yourself (even using a paper guillotine if you're picky about the
evenness of cutting)

I know some of the flash card exchange sites have options where you can print out lists that you enter, but I
don't own a printer now so I have no idea if they print out nice are not.

There are companies that make pre-printed flashcards but the problem with those is they might not have the
words you need. I also prefer physical flashcards, but just write them by hand on pre-cut flashcard size decks of
paper. I've seen the decks infrequently in the US, but they're available everywhere here in Korea.

hrhenry
Octoglot
United States
languagehopper.blogs
Joined 5064 days ago

1871 posts - 3642 votes 
Speaks: English*, SpanishC2, ItalianC2, Norwegian, Catalan, Galician, Turkish, Portuguese
Studies: Polish, Indonesian, Ojibwe

Message 3 of 3
10 February 2012 at 7:35am | IP Logged 
paisley wrote:
I know there are tons of computer websites and apps, but sometimes i just want physical cards. Is good ways you can suggest making or attaining self created flash cards? A popular method? A flash card specific paper product that works well for the printer? even a site I can order ones from after creating them online?

I'd prefer not to hand write them only because i want pictures instead of just writing the English word.

or is just putting 3 x 5's through a printer the easiest way to go.

thanks.

I don't know if this will help you, but I recently discovered a site called Quizlets. You can create your own flashcards there, then have them print out on pre-defined paper/stock sizes. 3x5 is one of the supported sizes.

R.
==

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version