magicmouse
Australia
Joined 4695 days ago

1 posts - 1 votes
Speaks: English*

Message 1 of 3
27 December 2011 at 5:21pm | IP Logged 
Hi all,

One way I like to practise my languages is watching shows I'd enjoy anyway, except in whatever language I'm learning (since I tend to actually stick to them). My issue is that with French, I find listening difficult, and sometimes I lose track of the flow in spoken sentences.

That's why I'm looking for someone who can do transcripts of spoken french for episodes of a show (it's animated) on youtube, and in return I can do transcripts in English for anything you can also provide a link for (online).

So I really don't know what category this fits in, maybe a Mod will move it later anyway?
Thanks, and if you're interested either send a PM or reply to this thread. ( I realise this almost sounds like an ad, but I'm sure there's someone who is also in my position who'd like to trade)

P.S. If anyone else has had and overcome this problem with a particular technique, I'd be glad to hear about it!

Edited by magicmouse on 27 December 2011 at 5:29pm

1 person has voted this message useful

Brun Ugle
Diglot
Norway
brunugle.wordpress.c
Joined 6554 days ago

1292 posts - 1766 votes 
Speaks: English*, NorwegianC1
Studies: Japanese, Esperanto, Spanish, Finnish

Message 2 of 3
28 December 2011 at 2:46pm | IP Logged 
If the show is reasonably popular, you might be able to find transcripts on the net if you search hard enough. I've found transcripts for lots of Japanese anime and Japanese Star Trek, so I would think French stuff should be possible to find as well.

newyorkeric
Diglot
Singapore
Joined 6313 days ago

1598 posts - 2174 votes 
Speaks: English*, Italian
Studies: Mandarin, Malay
Personal Language Map

Message 3 of 3
28 December 2011 at 3:24pm | IP Logged 
It sounds like too much work to do it yourself.

If you like the Simpsons, there are transcripts available for the French version online.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version