Dana7
Tetraglot
United States
Joined 6342 days ago

32 posts - 38 votes
Speaks: English*, German, Spanish, French

Message 1 of 6
09 April 2009 at 7:06pm | IP Logged 
Does anyone know of any French podcasts that are just people talking in French about their lives or whatever? I'm
really tired of news station podcasts and am not looking for "learn French" podcasts, of which there are many.
Thanks!
1 person has voted this message useful

Kubelek
Tetraglot
Switzerland
chomikuj.pl/Kuba_wal
Joined 6787 days ago

415 posts - 528 votes 
Speaks: Polish*, EnglishC2, French, Spanish
Studies: German

Message 2 of 6
09 April 2009 at 10:01pm | IP Logged 
link

Here is my favorite website with podcasts. I use it to prepare for French classes at Uni all the time.

Radios France Inter and France Culture also make really good podcasts. They are not available for a long time (so you can't download a gb of archives). See what interests you and then look for them on p2p or other websites. My favorites are 2000 ans d'histoire and Vendredis de la philosophie. Some of my favorite podcasts are also from a different series, Eloge du savoir.

I put several episodes on my internet drive. You'll need to make an account if you want to download them (or several, as each account only lets you download 50 mb a week). I have to admit out that I do get points for each download which I can then trade for additional transfer. It doesn't matter to me, for 1gb of transfer is around 0.50$, but I thought I'd mention it before somebody attacks me for link dropping. If moderators think it's inappropriate, I'll delete the link.

chomik

Edited by Kubelek on 09 April 2009 at 10:07pm

2 persons have voted this message useful

Maestro
Groupie
Chile
Joined 5806 days ago

40 posts - 40 votes

Message 3 of 6
09 April 2009 at 11:57pm | IP Logged 
I would really love to listen to Au fil de l'histoire but I get an error (can't render the file) when I try to download it.

dmg
Diglot
Canada
dgryski.blogspot.comRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 6946 days ago

555 posts - 605 votes 
1 sounds
Speaks: English*, French
Studies: Dutch, Esperanto

Message 4 of 6
10 April 2009 at 5:59pm | IP Logged 

CBC (Canada's National Broadcaster) has a number of good podcasts in both English and French. They're available at CBC Podcasts portal. My two favourites are "Christiane Charette" and "La Première à la Carte".

Quebec en Baladodiffusion also has a good list of Quebec podcasts down the site of the main page. I think a few are in English, but most are in French.

Dana7
Tetraglot
United States
Joined 6342 days ago

32 posts - 38 votes
Speaks: English*, German, Spanish, French

Message 5 of 6
13 April 2009 at 3:13am | IP Logged 
Thanks both of you! Those are helpful.
2 persons have voted this message useful

Kubelek
Tetraglot
Switzerland
chomikuj.pl/Kuba_wal
Joined 6787 days ago

415 posts - 528 votes 
Speaks: Polish*, EnglishC2, French, Spanish
Studies: German

Message 6 of 6
23 August 2009 at 12:35am | IP Logged 
I just noticed that the website chomikuj.pl, where I put some france inter podcasts changed the rules, now you're allowed to listen to sound files online for free. So feel welcome ;)

http://chomikuj.pl/Kuba_wal

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version