Netherlands
Joined 4740 days ago

120 posts - 134 votes 
Speaks: Dutch*, English
Studies: German, French

Message 1 of 1
06 October 2011 at 10:57am | IP Logged 
Good day to you all.

Some of you may have seen me post sometimes, but I'm still fairly new.
I'm making this topic, because I am in a bit of a struggle right now.
I'm learning German and French. My target is to learn them to my best abilities.
Most people here have probably finished school and learn the language through self studying. I'm planning on doing this as well, but I have to get an idea on where to start. The problem is, I will also do my exams for these languages and I need to pass them. If I don't, I'm going to be in a horrible situation.

My exams are in May, until that time, I'm planning on studying myself and use schoolwork as well.

But how should I start? How did you guys/girls started when you learned your language.
I have already recieved some tips which I wrote down, but I just don't know where to start right now and I don't want to buy all sorts of things from the get go, because I don't have the money for it.

Where should I start with German and how should I start with French?
My exam will consist of several texts from which I'll have to extract information.
I want to become more proficient in both languages, not only for my exam, but I have no experience, so where do I start?

Thanks in advance!

1 person has voted this message useful

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version