United Kingdom
Joined 4376 days ago

30 posts - 33 votes
Speaks: English*, Spanish
Studies: Latvian

Message 1 of 35
27 May 2012 at 11:16pm | IP Logged 
Hi all,

I've just started learning Spanish and came across this site - what a brilliant resource! I intend to use this log to keep myself motivated and track progress.

Target - B1 by end of 2012

Materials - Main focus at start to be Pimsleur & Michel Thomas with Platiquemos to follow once complete...

My job is quite intensive however hoping to dedicate atleast 1 hour per day to studying at this stage.

Here goes!!

R

1 person has voted this message useful

James29
Diglot
United States
Joined 5187 days ago

1265 posts - 2113 votes 
Studies: French

Message 2 of 35
28 May 2012 at 1:46am | IP Logged 
Good luck... it is a fun journey. Pimsleur, MT and Platiquemos are all great. Assimil is a good option too (and a bit easier than Platiquemos). Feel free to ask questions to people on the forum... most people here are quite helpful and there are quite a few who are learning Spanish.

Darkrob
Diglot
United Kingdom
Joined 4376 days ago

30 posts - 33 votes

Message 3 of 35
28 May 2012 at 10:17pm | IP Logged 
Thanks James - I've got the audio version of Assimil but just need to find the book to go with it!

Darkrob
Diglot
United Kingdom
Joined 4376 days ago

30 posts - 33 votes

Message 4 of 35
28 May 2012 at 10:24pm | IP Logged 
Pimsleur - Units 3 & 4 - completed without any problems, content is obviously still basic but finding the routine interesting. I'm finding myself itching to do more than 1-2 units a day but resisting the urge at the moment!!!

Michel Thomas - I'm a little futher with MT (CD 3 Lesson 4) so just touching on Ser & Estar...bring it on!

R

Darkrob
Diglot
United Kingdom
Joined 4376 days ago

30 posts - 33 votes

Message 5 of 35
31 May 2012 at 11:38pm | IP Logged 
I'm finding Pimsleur very useful and upto Unit 10 without any real problems - also started using Anki to develop vocab which seems be useful!!

I've not been using Michel Thomas as much but managed to get to CD 4 Lesson 6...all going well.

R

Darkrob
Diglot
United Kingdom
Joined 4376 days ago

30 posts - 33 votes

Message 6 of 35
03 June 2012 at 12:55am | IP Logged 
More Pimsleur / Michel Thomas alongside short sessions of Anki - total revision time to date 12.5 hours...

On leave for 4 days so aim to add further 10 hours by the time I'm back at work whilst adding 15-20 words via Anki.

R

Darkrob
Diglot
United Kingdom
Joined 4376 days ago

30 posts - 33 votes

Message 7 of 35
03 June 2012 at 9:43pm | IP Logged 
Just downloaded Mindsnacks Spanish for my ipod - very useful games for learning basic vocab..!

R

Darkrob
Diglot
United Kingdom
Joined 4376 days ago

30 posts - 33 votes

Message 8 of 35
06 June 2012 at 7:32pm | IP Logged 
So I managed to add another 10 hours over the last 4 days with only 2 sessions more for Pimsleur Level 1 - i'm finding it fairly straightforward at the moment although this / that have been tongue tieing me a little bit if im honest!!

I've not spent much time with MT recently, purely as catching up with Pimsleur but will be aiming to finish foundation level by the end of next week.

I've also dediced to take the plunge and booked a trip to Peru for next year (3 weeks immersion) - so have a lot of motivation to get to as high a level as possible before then!

R

2 persons have voted this message useful

This discussion contains 35 messages over 5 pages: 2 3 4 5  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version