MultipackCan
Ireland
Joined 4110 days ago

20 posts - 28 votes
Speaks: English*
Studies: Japanese, Esperanto

Message 9 of 14
10 March 2013 at 12:05pm | IP Logged 
Hit 620~ kanji today. Been watching an episode of Irasshai and listening to a Pimsleur
per day. Also started working through Japanese for busy people I, adding sentences as I
go.

I've decided to put off a vocab deck for the time being, as I don't really want to start
learning them before I can read the kanji properly, and if I can keep up this pace on RTK
I should be able to start the second book and begin learning the readings towards the end
of next month.
1 person has voted this message useful

MultipackCan
Ireland
Joined 4110 days ago

20 posts - 28 votes

Message 10 of 14
10 March 2013 at 10:25pm | IP Logged 
I've done out a calender of daily goals for RTK 1. It has no days off and will require a
lot of early starts so that means no hangovers >_< But I'm gonna give it a good go
anyway, if all goes according to plan I'll finish in just under 4 weeks from now on April
6th. Finishing RTK in <5 weeks will allow me to claim serious bragging rights so here's
hoping :p

Hasi
Diglot
Austria
Joined 5942 days ago

120 posts - 133 votes 
Speaks: German*, English
Studies: Japanese

Message 11 of 14
11 March 2013 at 11:19am | IP Logged 
best of luck :) personally, I couldn't handle the reviews for just doing 50 cards a day. They kept piling up and I was
unmotivated to do them so I reduced the number to 30 cards.

MultipackCan
Ireland
Joined 4110 days ago

20 posts - 28 votes

Message 12 of 14
11 March 2013 at 12:28pm | IP Logged 
Yeah it's unbearably boring. What I find helpful is setting the reviews to 20, and then
I'll finish in a few minutes think to myself "That wasn't so bad, I can manage another
20", I'll manage to this three or four times before stopping and it's done. Makes it so
much easier.

dampingwire
Bilingual Triglot
United Kingdom
Joined 4491 days ago

1185 posts - 1513 votes 
Speaks: English*, Italian*, French
Studies: Japanese

Message 13 of 14
11 March 2013 at 3:06pm | IP Logged 
MultipackCan wrote:
if all goes according to plan I'll finish in just under 4 weeks
from now on April 6th. Finishing RTK in <5 weeks will allow me to claim serious
bragging rights

Cool. A new and interesting definition of "finish" with which I was not previously
familiar :-) (with apologies to the late Douglas Adams).

While it's certainly an achievement, what you'll actually do is reach the end of RTK
and begin the process of regular reviews. (Unless you don't mind forgetting or have
incredible natural retention).

Seriously though, RTK1 in ~5 weeks is certainly pushing quite hard. Congratulations in
advance!

MultipackCan
Ireland
Joined 4110 days ago

20 posts - 28 votes

Message 14 of 14
11 March 2013 at 4:15pm | IP Logged 
Oh finish RTK 1 is what I meant. If I get it done I intend to do RTK 3 as well later this
year, so I know I'm most certainly not 'finished'! But it's going to be great to be able
to start sentence reviews and make up vocab decks using the words in their proper forms.
I used Anki religiously for my school exams last year so I'm used to getting up and
reviewing every morning.

This discussion contains 14 messages over 2 pages: << Prev 1

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version