TheMonster
United States
Joined 5663 days ago

20 posts - 20 votes
Speaks: English*
Studies: German

Message 1 of 5
30 April 2009 at 5:05pm | IP Logged 
Hi, I really need a German speaking partner through skype or w/e. If someone is willing to help me it would be greatly appreciated. I'm lacking this so bad and I feel that in order to take my German to the next level I need to be able to have someone to speak German with. My skype name is themahnster
If anyone is willing to help me just add me and...let's begin to speak. I would say I'm a little further than a beginner.
1 person has voted this message useful

jimbo baby!
United States
Joined 5912 days ago

202 posts - 208 votes 
2 sounds

Message 2 of 5
01 May 2009 at 8:22am | IP Logged 
There are some German speakers on these forums and there are also people here pretending to be native Germans. Something tells me they'll be avoiding this thread and they'll choose to post in easier German threads, like what is the eszett? LOL ;-)

Pyx
Diglot
China
Joined 5670 days ago

670 posts - 892 votes 
Speaks: German*, English
Studies: Mandarin

Message 3 of 5
01 May 2009 at 11:28am | IP Logged 
Jimbo, why would anyone pretend to be a native German? ;)
The thing is, at a level of "a little further than a beginner" there isn't much one can talk about, and I would see no value for either TheMonster or me to do so. Speaking practice is, in my opinion, something that only helps if one already has enough vocabulary to hold a meaningful conversation, and one can actually understand what the other party is saying. Which, at least according to my definition, is a lot more thn "a little further than a beginner" ;)

TheMonster
United States
Joined 5663 days ago

20 posts - 20 votes
Studies: German

Message 4 of 5
01 May 2009 at 4:10pm | IP Logged 
Oh, I can understand quite a bit, and have enough understanding of vocabulary to pick out what one means. My girlfriend and I can hold a conversation for about half an hour in only German, with help with some words of course. Any speaking practice is good practice and extremely valuable.

Edited by TheMonster on 01 May 2009 at 4:10pm

Pyx
Diglot
China
Joined 5670 days ago

670 posts - 892 votes 
Speaks: German*, English
Studies: Mandarin

Message 5 of 5
01 May 2009 at 9:12pm | IP Logged 
Alright, I'll try you ;)

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version