Joined 6849 days ago

371 posts - 478 votes 
Speaks: English*, Japanese
Studies: Mandarin

Message 1 of 4
26 May 2009 at 11:06am | IP Logged 
ONENESS
Here's a description from the website:

This course is created for those who want to start learning Estonian, Finish, Lithuanian, Polish or Portuguese languages.
The course aims at teaching the less used European languages, at forming minimal communicative competence of the target language and at introducing the target country and its culture.
The course of each language is made of 10 lessons that consist of several parts.

Each lesson has:
- A short grammar introduction with explicit explanations (Language School, Grammar);
- A lesson's dictionary (Language School, Vocabulary);
- A phrase set (Language School, Speaking);
- Exercises to develop language usage competence (Language School, Exercises);
- A short socio-cultural introduction to the country that is thematically related to the lesson (Information center).

To make it easier to learn the target language there is the Library where a user can find the course Dictionary, grammatical information (Grammar), phrases of expression of all communicative intentions (Common phrases) and the Phonetics' Lab.
An interactive language game is given as a special test (Entertainment Park). By completing the tasks in it a user will be able to check his/her progress in language learning.
There is also a space for user communication (Internet Cafe).
1 person has voted this message useful

Sennin
Bulgaria
Joined 5969 days ago

1457 posts - 1759 votes 
5 sounds

Message 2 of 4
26 May 2009 at 11:14am | IP Logged 
I don't think Portuguese and Polish are less studied but anyhow it's a nice introductory resource and a good way to promote interest. The design is also attractive (targeted at kids?).

On a side note, I wonder why the authors chose to use the American spelling "center", given that the project is EU sponsored ;).

Edited by Sennin on 26 May 2009 at 11:23am

Dark_Sunshine
Diglot
United Kingdom
Joined 5700 days ago

340 posts - 357 votes 
Speaks: English*, French

Message 3 of 4
01 June 2009 at 2:04pm | IP Logged 
They missed out Romanian!

Cisa
Super Polyglot
United Kingdom
Joined 6354 days ago

312 posts - 309 votes 
2 sounds
Speaks: Hungarian*, Slovak, FrenchC1, EnglishC2, Mandarin, SpanishB2, RussianB2, GermanB2, Korean, Czech, Latin
Studies: Italian, Cantonese, Japanese, Portuguese, Polish, Hindi, Mongolian, Tibetan, Kazakh, Vietnamese, Modern Hebrew

Message 4 of 4
03 June 2009 at 8:56am | IP Logged 
Wow, thanks for sharing, it is a lovely site indeed! I´m especially happy about the Lithuanian course. :)

Sennin wrote:
I don't think Portuguese and Polish are less studied
I think they are indeed, at least Polish. As to Portuguese, Brazilian is really popular, Continental Portuguese not that much (thouh I prefer that one :D).

I hope they will add Hungarian&Czech&Slovak as well as Romanian soon, since those are also lesser taught EU languages, and necessary for those who want to spend time and/or work/study/do business in Middle Europe.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version