Canada
Joined 5898 days ago

1021 posts - 1714 votes 
Studies: French

Message 49 of 54
15 June 2012 at 5:16am | IP Logged 
aujourd'hui pour M.Spanky:

french.about.com

1. Tense / temps - all eight of them (présent, passé simple, passé compose, imparfait, plus-que-parfait, passé antérieur, futur, futur antérieur)

Tense

2. Mood / le mode - six: quatre modes personnels (indicative, subjonctif, conditionnel et impératif) et deux modes impersonnels (participe et infinitif)

Mood

1 person has voted this message useful

Bjorn
Diglot
Norway
Joined 4810 days ago

244 posts - 286 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, English
Studies: German, French

Message 50 of 54
15 June 2012 at 2:10pm | IP Logged 
Sorry to see you leaving Team Freutsch.
Good luck with your language studies.

Spanky
Canada
Joined 5898 days ago

1021 posts - 1714 votes 

Message 51 of 54
15 June 2012 at 9:29pm | IP Logged 
Thanks Bjorn, me too.   And same to you with your studies - I have seen your posted numbers for May, still very impressive.

Spanky
Canada
Joined 5898 days ago

1021 posts - 1714 votes 

Message 52 of 54
15 June 2012 at 9:37pm | IP Logged 
Not too much French study, apart from French numbers review courtesy of an article in today's National Post newspaper:

“ 'Deux mille quinze! Deux mille quinze!'

The French chant “2015” started in the upper reaches of the NDP backbench and soon cascaded into a common, desk-thumping chorus just before midnight Thursday in the House of Commons.

The tone from the official Opposition was oddly celebratory, given that they’d just faced 22-plus hours of consecutive spankings by a Conservative majority government voting to protect its omnibus budget bill from hundreds of amendments."

As is the case for me with the French language, there is much about politics I don't understand.   I am assuming that the spankings reference is not intended literally, but who knows these days and I am too timid to inquire further....

Edited by Spanky on 15 June 2012 at 9:42pm

Jinx
Triglot
Germany
reverbnation.co
Joined 5635 days ago

1085 posts - 1879 votes 
Speaks: English*, German, French
Studies: Catalan, Dutch, Esperanto, Croatian, Serbian, Norwegian, Mandarin, Italian, Spanish, Yiddish

Message 53 of 54
27 June 2012 at 9:24pm | IP Logged 
Too bad you're leaving the Freutsch team, but I fully support your efforts to tackle French once and for all! I will certainly keep following your blog and will consider you an unofficial teammate, in any case. :)

druckfehler
Triglot
Germany
Joined 4810 days ago

1181 posts - 1912 votes 
Speaks: German*, EnglishC2, Korean
Studies: Persian

Message 54 of 54
28 June 2012 at 12:41am | IP Logged 
love your honest conversation with French. I'm not sure French appreciates it, but according to the stereotype German surely would :D

This discussion contains 54 messages over 7 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version