brian91
Ireland
Joined 5386 days ago

335 posts - 437 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: French

Message 9 of 9
05 July 2012 at 2:16pm | IP Logged 
Bonjour à tous. Long overdue update: I started this thread on March 22, but for the next two months I
completely dedicated myself to passing my eleven history modules for college. Everything went well, and I finally
got my holidays just over two months later, on May 24. Since then, I have been busily studying French. It is July
5 today and I have made a lot of progress. I did a year of Spanish in college last year and I definitely already have
better French than Spanish now.

The main material I have been using is a book my mother got me, called DK Language Learner French. She got it
for me as a present when she found out I wanted to learn French for the summer and I'm still not sure if she
knew it's aimed a children, but whatever; it has been a perfect introduction to the language for me. That's all
that matters, right? I am now moving onto more advanced materials.

My main inspiration for learning is AllJapaneseAllTheTime.com and I am trying to immerse myself in French as
much as possible, apart from this thread and other essential cases.

Edited by brian91 on 05 July 2012 at 2:37pm

1 person has voted this message useful

This discussion contains 9 messages over 2 pages: << Prev 1

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version