United Kingdom
Joined 4649 days ago

57 posts - 59 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Russian

Message 17 of 17
05 July 2012 at 10:47pm | IP Logged 
Bonsoir toute le monde ^0^

This is a update. I now know what to do. I have been questioning myself. How can I
keep retaining my French? I have thought of many ways of how I can retain French. I
have been reading French articles and I have bookmarked two French News websites and a
website full of French/English newspapers. The newspaper website has lots of French
newspapers/articles. It's so useful.I read that I should look up any words I may not
understand. I will do this and I'm sure it will be beneficial. I have been listening to
the radio and watching French programmes. I can pick up words but not everything. The
speed is not too fast. I hope I can improve my listening skills by listening to a lot
of French TV and radio. Maybe I could listen to short audio content and read the french
and English translation to help me understand what the passage is about. Lingq is
useful for this. I have been using quizlet. I will be using this to build my
vocabulary. I have been thinking. I will split it into many parts. I will work on
vocabulary. On grammar, listening and pronouncation. To make the process of language
learning fun, I will play French games. I done this today and I like it. I reviewed
grammar such as chanter... to sing. Je chante (I sing)... Tu chantes (You sing) and so
on. It's not so hard. You just have to remember the endings and how everything works.
I won't overload my brain with lots of words. I will try to keep it short and simple.
I will use anki to review words and they will be words I know but I want to keep
reviewing them so I don't forget them. I use memrise too. This is to help retain French
vocabulary. To reinforce what I have learnt. I could write my own sentences and plus I
have someone to talk to French too. I have set my facebook in French and my ipod to
French too. ^0^

Edited by happycheeks on 05 July 2012 at 11:12pm

1 person has voted this message useful

This discussion contains 17 messages over 3 pages: << Prev 1 2

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version