Australia
myspace.com/amywiles
Joined 6901 days ago

504 posts - 538 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: SpanishB2

Message 9 of 19
12 May 2012 at 8:47am | IP Logged 
Well I haven't been back for the past few days as I've been a combination of busy with uni, and gutwrentchingly traumatised with the disappearance of my adorable and troublesome Assimil destroyer of a Beagle. She managed to break her way out of a fully locked house and had a grand little adventure whilst my partner and I spent two days in absolute despair. Fortunately she's back to cause more trouble (and get away with it because she's just so cute!) and we believe we've succeeded in turning our home into an inescapable fortress hardened against even the most formidable intelligence of the escape-bent Beagle...we hope!

So as for my Spanish, not much has happened aside from watching an episode of Castle (S03 E01) yesterday which had been dubbed into Spanish.

2 persons have voted this message useful

ymapazagain
Australia
myspace.com/amywiles
Joined 6901 days ago

504 posts - 538 votes 

Message 10 of 19
13 May 2012 at 2:36am | IP Logged 
Just watched an episode of "Teoria de Big Bang" (S01 E01). My comprehension was a lot better on this than it was for the episode of Castle that I watched two days ago. I'd say Teoria de Big Bang was at about 80%, whilst Castle was at about 70%. It's been a while since I've watched a lot of Spanish TV so hopefully it will pick up quickly if I try to watch an episode every day or so.
1 person has voted this message useful

ymapazagain
Australia
myspace.com/amywiles
Joined 6901 days ago

504 posts - 538 votes 

Message 11 of 19
14 May 2012 at 1:54pm | IP Logged 
I haven't really had the time or focus for actual study, but I did fit in another episode of Castle (S03 E03).

ymapazagain
Australia
myspace.com/amywiles
Joined 6901 days ago

504 posts - 538 votes 

Message 12 of 19
14 May 2012 at 3:40pm | IP Logged 
And an episode of Teoria de Big Bang (S01 E02).

ymapazagain
Australia
myspace.com/amywiles
Joined 6901 days ago

504 posts - 538 votes 

Message 13 of 19
15 May 2012 at 12:53am | IP Logged 
Assimil:

Passive - 60
Active - 8

ymapazagain
Australia
myspace.com/amywiles
Joined 6901 days ago

504 posts - 538 votes 

Message 14 of 19
18 May 2012 at 1:16pm | IP Logged 
Teoria de Big Bang (S01 E03)

ymapazagain
Australia
myspace.com/amywiles
Joined 6901 days ago

504 posts - 538 votes 

Message 15 of 19
20 May 2012 at 9:27am | IP Logged 
Castle (S03 E05)

Gosh I can't wait till next week when my Spanish unit begins! I'm not really a fan of Philosophy of Mind, which is what has been taking all of my attention these past 3 months (though I do love other philosophy - I'm more of a logic/ethics person!). It will be so nice to be able to make Spanish my focus!

ymapazagain
Australia
myspace.com/amywiles
Joined 6901 days ago

504 posts - 538 votes 

Message 16 of 19
27 May 2012 at 3:13pm | IP Logged 
Woohoo! My final philosophy essay for the unit was submitted today so now it's onto Spanish!

My first observations of the course is that it's VERY poorly presented. In the first week's materials I accessed 4 different (very poor) scans of various exercises in 4 different formats (pdf, tif, webpage and word doc). There was no apparent reason for these format changes and it just added to the whole clumsy vibe I'm getting from the course so far. I'm also finding it difficult to navigate the website well enough to get a thorough understand of what is required each week. And I'm an experienced online studier so it's not me!

I'll have a better look at it all today. I'll probably use this journal to help me keep tabs of all of my work.

This discussion contains 19 messages over 3 pages: << Prev 13  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version