Germany
tinyurl.com/pe4kqe5
Joined 5615 days ago

2256 posts - 4046 votes 
Speaks: German*, English
Studies: French, Spanish, Japanese, Mandarin

Message 9 of 10
30 April 2011 at 3:57pm | IP Logged 
I recently listened to a lecture about the d/t phenomenon. (I got it via iTunes U - "Analogical effects in visual word processing: Evidence from Dutch")
Pretty interesting stuff.

Fasulye, I would think that they just don't test the advanced/native level points.

Kuikentje, I don't know any Dutch at all. I understand some Vlaamse dialects that are close to German how it's spoken on the other side of the border, but only passively. The points I did score came only from sentence structures that seemed to be very similar to German. They did advise me to take a beginner's course (thankfully), I just wanted to see if it was possible for me to score higher than pure chance should allow.
(And I love to make up words like Germanland and Nihongonese.)

Edited by Bao on 30 April 2011 at 3:58pm

1 person has voted this message useful

tracker465
United States
Joined 5201 days ago

355 posts - 496 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: German, Spanish, Dutch

Message 10 of 10
01 May 2011 at 8:32am | IP Logged 
I just finished taking the test as well and scored as follows:

You have scored 106 correct answers out of 130 (81%), congratulations!
This score is equivalent to an intermediate level in Dutch.

Personally, I think that this level is way too generous for me. I have been studying Dutch on and off over the years, but it has always been at a flirtatious/passive rate, since I rarely meet people who understand Dutch. There are grammar points and rules that I remember from my studies, but I have forgotten so much too (especially some spelling rules), that I would have expected a lower score.
1 person has voted this message useful

This discussion contains 10 messages over 2 pages: << Prev 1

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version