Register  Login  Active Topics  Maps  

Kafka9 TAC 2012 Journey

Language Learning Forum : Language Learning Log Post Reply
Kafka9
Canada
Joined 4432 days ago

2 posts - 4 votes
Speaks: Greek
Studies: French, German, Spanish, Hindi, Persian, Arabic (Egyptian)

Message 1 of 1
30 April 2012 at 4:02am | IP Logged 
My TAC 2012 Superchallenge: 6 Languages, 20 months

1. Language I plan to study: French, German, Arabic, Spanish, Hindi, Persian
2. Current Levels: French (A2), Arabic (Beginner), Spanish (A1), Hindi (Beginner), Persian (A1), German (A1)
3. Goals for the Challenge:

- French: To reach a C-level of proficiency. Will be using podcasts, audio materials (MT, Assimil, French in Action, Linguaphone), watching cartoons and movies, going to meetups in my city, find someone to Skype with in French, write at least 20 sentences a day utilizing vocabulary and a variety of verb tenses, keep a journal to log my days, set my browser to French in order to navigate the internet, use Anki as flashcards, write 50 short essays on various topics.

- Arabic: To reach B2 level of proficiency: Learn alphabet in order to read and write arabic script. Familiarize myself with MSA and Egyptian dialect. Using materials from Assimil, living language ultimate, podcasts, skype, meetups, flashcards. Watching children's cartoons.

- Spanish: The goal is B2. I love this language and am thrilled with the opportunity to set a goal in order to achieve it. Many of my materials and strategies are similar to those listed above.

- Persian: B2: My first introduction with the Persian language came through its sister counterpart: Dari. I am familiar with the basics and am looking to build upon this foundation to be able to freely express myself in daily situations with my Persian friends.

- Hindi: B2: Having spent time in India, I am drawn to the beauty of Hindi. I love the Devanagari script, the culture, and the goal of mastering this language one day.

- German: B2

I would like to be on a team for any of these languages and look forward to working with others who are pursuing similar goals. There is lots to learn and I am thrilled to take part in this challenge.

Best

Edited by Kafka9 on 30 April 2012 at 4:05am

2 persons have voted this message useful

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version