Triglot
United States
Joined 6761 days ago

261 posts - 291 votes 
Speaks: English*, Mandarin, French
Studies: Esperanto, Ukrainian, German, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Persian

Message 1 of 2
27 May 2009 at 5:57pm | IP Logged 
I just got a new G1 Google phone and have been trying to find a good flashcard program for it. The only thing I've found so far really is "Remata" but it doesn't remember your old cards after you change decks. I really like jmemorize, but it won't work on the phone. Anyone know of a good alternative that I can import all my jmem lessons into at least? Thanks much in advance.
1 person has voted this message useful

Ashiro
Groupie
United Kingdom
learnxlanguage.com/
Joined 5642 days ago

89 posts - 101 votes 
Studies: Spanish

Message 2 of 2
29 May 2009 at 9:46pm | IP Logged 
I got one recently too! Great phone's! :)

Anyway - to answer your question: So far I've come across 3 apps that could be of use:

* StudyDroid - this has an online service where you remotely backup your cards. But you can also log in and edit, mess and import cards too.

* Anki - this is still very much in the experimental stages on Android but Anki is by far the best online, PC and Mac flashcard software I've come across. The sheer fact I can use my cards across my phone, web, work, home, etc wins it for me hands down. If you don't wanna use the app then you can just use the online web version.

* Tea.ch - Looks okay but I didn't bother too much with it. Not as many features as StudyDroid and can't back up to online repo.

Personally I'd use Anki: http://ichi2.net/anki/
1 person has voted this message useful

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version