Studying Italian in Italy

Language Learning Forum : Immersion, Schools & Certificates Post Reply
10 messages over 2 pages: 1
michi
Nonaglot
Austria
Joined 5140 days ago

33 posts - 57 votes 
Speaks: Dutch*, German, French, English, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Swedish, Portuguese
Studies: Turkish, Arabic (Written), Serbo-Croatian, Indonesian, Japanese

Message 9 of 10
21 June 2010 at 12:54pm | IP Logged 
In 1981 I attended a summer course for one month in Siena and a year later I did the same at the Università per Stranieri di Perugia. So it is quite a long time ago already. It was the first time in my life that I traveled abroad on my own, and therefor it was a great experience.

In general I was quite satisfied with the course. One of my teachers in Perugia was Katerin Katerinow, who had also written the book that was used for Italian. However I probably learned most by speaking Italian the whole time. There was a quite an interesting cultural programme as well, but I don't know if this is the case only in summer.
I had expected that most students would come from Western Europe and North America, but the largest groups at that time were the Greeks, the Palestinians and Nigerians, who intended to study at "normal" Italian universities afterwards.

However I were to decide where to study Italian now, I would prefer Rome, because it a much larger and more interesting city. Siena and Perugia are nice and beautiful and there is a lot to see in the neighbourhood, but are in principle provincial cities.
2 persons have voted this message useful

Tally
Bilingual Diglot
Israel
Joined 5447 days ago

135 posts - 176 votes 
Speaks: English*, Modern Hebrew*
Studies: French

Message 10 of 10
17 July 2010 at 11:14pm | IP Logged 
Thanks for the advice! :)
I actually own the book by Katerin Katerinow and I love it, even though it's pretty old.
1 person has voted this message useful

This discussion contains 10 messages over 2 pages: << Prev 1

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version