C1/C2 Exams

Language Learning Forum : Immersion, Schools & Certificates Post Reply
14 messages over 2 pages: 1 2  Next >>
noriyuki_nomura
Bilingual Octoglot
Switzerland
Joined 5178 days ago

304 posts - 465 votes 
Speaks: English*, Mandarin*, Japanese, FrenchC2, GermanC2, ItalianC1, SpanishB2, DutchB1
Studies: TurkishA1, Korean

Message 1 of 14
25 April 2010 at 5:39pm | IP Logged 
I'm kinda curious, I wonder how many of you out there have done and passed the C1/C2 level exams for at least 3 languages (not counting your own native language(s), such as DALF, ZOP/KDS/GDS, CELI, DELE, TRKI, DUPLE, JLPT 1, HSK 5/6, KLPT 5/6 etc?

Because I received recently a CV that the person passed her DALF C2, CELI C2, DELE C2, English Proficiency C2, and I thought that it's very impressive and rare!

Edited by noriyuki_nomura on 25 April 2010 at 5:42pm

1 person has voted this message useful

yawn
Bilingual Tetraglot
United States
Joined 5264 days ago

141 posts - 209 votes 
Speaks: English*, Mandarin*, FrenchC2, SpanishC2
Studies: GermanB1

Message 2 of 14
27 April 2010 at 10:51pm | IP Logged 
That would be me! ...in a couple more years, hopefully. :P English and Chinese are my native languages (though I
took and passed the HSK Advanced exam [Level 9, to be precise] to gauge my proficiency in Mandarin), I already
have the DALF C2 under
my belt, and I'm about to take the DELE C2 in November and hopefully the German C2 exam in two years.

I had no idea getting multiple C1/C2 language certificates was such a great achievement, though. Is it really?

EDIT: My HSK certificate went according to the old system (with Level 11 being the highest). I've heard it's changed
very recently, though.

Edited by yawn on 27 April 2010 at 10:54pm

2 persons have voted this message useful

Fasulye
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2012
Germany
fasulyespolyglotblog
Joined 5685 days ago

5460 posts - 6006 votes 
1 sounds
Speaks: German*, DutchC1, EnglishB2, French, Italian, Spanish, Esperanto
Studies: Latin, Danish, Norwegian, Turkish
Personal Language Map

Message 3 of 14
27 April 2010 at 11:13pm | IP Logged 
Anybody passing 4 language exams on a C2 - level will enormously impress me, because I have experience with (other!) language exams myself and therefore know which huge amount of work it is to prepare them!

Yawn, in my opinion several C2 - certificates are really a great achievement. And I hope that this estimation will motivate you even more, so go for it!

Fasulye

noriyuki_nomura
Bilingual Octoglot
Switzerland
Joined 5178 days ago

304 posts - 465 votes 
Speaks: English*, Mandarin*, Japanese, FrenchC2, GermanC2, ItalianC1, SpanishB2, DutchB1

Message 4 of 14
28 April 2010 at 10:10am | IP Logged 
Hi Yawn, I also encourage you to go for it! :) What materials are you currently using to prepare for the DELE C2 exam? For me, I am using this book called el ventilador, which comes along with a CD...plus reading this bilingual magazine called Ecos..

Btw, Fasulye, I understand that you are currently studying Latin now, may I request that, for the next youtube video that you are going to make, could you speak a few latin sentences? :) I've never heard spoken Latin before, and I am curious as to how it sounds like. Thanks!!! :)   

Fasulye
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2012
Germany
fasulyespolyglotblog
Joined 5685 days ago

5460 posts - 6006 votes 
1 sounds
Speaks: German*, DutchC1, EnglishB2, French, Italian, Spanish, Esperanto
Studies: Latin, Danish, Norwegian, Turkish
Personal Language Map

Message 5 of 14
28 April 2010 at 6:54pm | IP Logged 
noriyuki_nomura wrote:
Hi Yawn, I also encourage you to go for it! :) What materials are you currently using to prepare for the DELE C2 exam? For me, I am using this book called el ventilador, which comes along with a CD...plus reading this bilingual magazine called Ecos..

Btw, Fasulye, I understand that you are currently studying Latin now, may I request that, for the next youtube video that you are going to make, could you speak a few latin sentences? :) I've never heard spoken Latin before, and I am curious as to how it sounds like. Thanks!!! :)   

I have never learned to speak Latin, so I could only read out a Latin text - probably with a German accent, I fear. For Latin I have never had the chance to do any audio-training. I don't study Latin at present, but from time to time I read an article in the online magazine Ephemeris. Unfortunately, my knowledge of Latin is only passive.

Fasulye

Edited by Fasulye on 28 April 2010 at 6:55pm

yawn
Bilingual Tetraglot
United States
Joined 5264 days ago

141 posts - 209 votes 

Message 6 of 14
30 April 2010 at 1:17am | IP Logged 
noriyuki_nomura wrote:

I'm currently using a book from the publisher 'Edelsa', called 'Preparacion Diploma Superior - Espanol lengua extranjera'. :)

noriyuki_nomura
Bilingual Octoglot
Switzerland
Joined 5178 days ago

304 posts - 465 votes 

Message 7 of 14
03 May 2010 at 7:14pm | IP Logged 
yawn wrote:

I'm currently using a book from the publisher 'Edelsa', called 'Preparacion Diploma Superior - Espanol lengua extranjera'. :)

Don't you find that, to reach the B1/B2 level,it's still achievable within a pretty short time frame, but to break away from the B1/B2 level to reach the C1/C2 level,the gap is pretty often much wider?

2 persons have voted this message useful

yawn
Bilingual Tetraglot
United States
Joined 5264 days ago

141 posts - 209 votes 

Message 8 of 14
03 May 2010 at 7:20pm | IP Logged 
^ Oh, for sure. When I was learning French, I had actually spent a year abroad in Montreal during elementary school, so when I returned I was safely within the B1 zone. However, it took YEARS of studying before I passed the C2 exam! Then again, I really think the C2 exam is also somewhat a test of your intellectual maturity. There is NO way I would have passed it as a 9 year old, even when I had just returned from my year abroad :P

Edited by yawn on 03 May 2010 at 7:22pm

This discussion contains 14 messages over 2 pages: 2  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version