26 messages over 4 pages: 1 2 3 4  Next >>
vaguette
France
Joined 5146 days ago

10 posts - 11 votes

Message 1 of 26
14 May 2010 at 10:59am | IP Logged 
Hi there.

I was wondering if anyone has recently passed the DELF B2 and if so, could you describe your experience? How difficult was it, was the oral comprehension difficult (I'm especially worried that the recordings will be bad quality as we did some practice and one of the recordings was incomprehensible because it was taken from the internet and had digital distortion).
1 person has voted this message useful

Salv
United Kingdom
Joined 5251 days ago

7 posts - 9 votes
Studies: English*
Studies: French

Message 2 of 26
14 May 2010 at 11:47am | IP Logged 
Il y a quelques examples sur http://www.ciep.fr/en/delfdalf/sujet.php
Vous pouvez télécharger l'audio, si c'est mieux.

Edited by Salv on 14 May 2010 at 11:48am

vaguette
France
Joined 5146 days ago

10 posts - 11 votes

Message 3 of 26
14 May 2010 at 12:47pm | IP Logged 
Thanks, I've been to their site. I was mostly after personal experiences as opposed to exercises.

victor
Tetraglot
United States
Joined 7156 days ago

1098 posts - 1056 votes 
6 sounds
Speaks: Cantonese*, English, FrenchC1, Mandarin
Studies: Spanish
Personal Language Map

Message 4 of 26
16 May 2010 at 5:11am | IP Logged 
Vaguette, I think it's hard to say without hearing more about your background in the French language. I happened to take the test four years ago, when the DELF was just reformed, and I found it a relatively straightforward test, somewhat easier than the exercises in the "Réussir le DELF B2" preparation book from Didier.

In my case, the oral comprehension recording was a regular French interview on the radio, spoken at regular (back then it seemed to me fast) speed, but the DELF and DALF rarely give you distorted recordings. Even at the C2 level, the recordings are rather clear. They are more concerned about your comprehension of details rather than being able to hear through distorted noise. Know how to take quick notes of essential details while the recording is running because you will most certainly be tested on them. Brushing up on French culture and current events definitely helps.

Otherwise, the test was rather lengthy. I sat through a reading and writing test on the same day, but of which were on a similar theme. Just questionnaires and simple answers, and a letter to write at the end.

My oral exam was on a separate day, the subject chosen at random, and I was given half an hour to prepare. The jury was very sympathetic and just asked a few questions after my "discours".

Even though I found it straightforward, I have heard from numerous people that it is a very difficult test and challenging for most people. The way to find out is to do practice tests and try to judge yourself.
6 persons have voted this message useful

vaguette
France
Joined 5146 days ago

10 posts - 11 votes

Message 5 of 26
17 May 2010 at 10:39am | IP Logged 
Thanks Victor. I have my oral exam this Friday and then the written/listening components the following week. I am starting to get very nervous. Actually I was feeling fairly secure about the exam until I bought the CLE International DELF B2 book! I have tried doing their activities but the comprehension orale is too difficult...namely as the questions asked are complicated and the instructions convoluted..also the recordings (which are using actors as opposed to authentic material) speak incredibly fast. I played an example to my French husband and even he had trouble following! So I am hoping that it's just the book I chose and the exam itself won't be as difficult!

I can follow radio programs and the television usually without too much difficulty and at my French school we did some examples (from another book) and I didn't find it beyond me, aside from one recording which was distorted (the rest were challenging for sure but not out of reach). I'm really not used to exams though, my studies have always involved writing papers as opposed to exam conditions so it's really quite new for me and so I am quite stressed out! I had hoped that the CLE International book would help me better prepare but it's completely useless....

starst
Triglot
China
Joined 5352 days ago

113 posts - 133 votes 
Speaks: Mandarin*, Japanese, EnglishC2
Studies: FrenchC1, German, Norwegian

Message 6 of 26
18 May 2010 at 3:50am | IP Logged 
Bonne chance, vaguette! I'll take it in June. It will be very kind of you if you can share your experience with me after taking the test :)

vaguette
France
Joined 5146 days ago

10 posts - 11 votes

Message 7 of 26
20 May 2010 at 6:37pm | IP Logged 
Thanks starst, I'm taking the oral production part of the test tomorrow and I'm so nervous! I will let you know how it goes!

starst
Triglot
China
Joined 5352 days ago

113 posts - 133 votes 
Speaks: Mandarin*, Japanese, EnglishC2
Studies: FrenchC1, German, Norwegian

Message 8 of 26
21 May 2010 at 7:25am | IP Logged 
vaguette wrote:
Thanks starst, I'm taking the oral production part of the test tomorrow and I'm so nervous! I will let you know how it goes!

Don't worry. Generally speaking, the oral part is still not that difficult in B2 ;) How was the written part going?

This discussion contains 26 messages over 4 pages: 2 3 4  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version