Triglot
China
Joined 5353 days ago

113 posts - 133 votes 
Speaks: Mandarin*, Japanese, EnglishC2
Studies: FrenchC1, German, Norwegian

Message 17 of 26
16 June 2010 at 3:18am | IP Logged 
The one we got here was that you found many of your colleagues coming to work with their own cars, so you wrote an article on the company internal magazine to suggest an organization of car-sharing. You should list the advantages for both the employee side and the company side.

Bon courage!
1 person has voted this message useful

starst
Triglot
China
Joined 5353 days ago

113 posts - 133 votes 

Message 18 of 26
16 June 2010 at 3:22am | IP Logged 
GLDFSH wrote:

@ Vaguette, I'm amazed that you could only read the headline!!? I thought you were
supposed to get to read a paragraph and have 20 mins to prepare?

Don't worry. After you choose one topic from the two based on the headline, you have 20 minutes to read the full text.

GLDFSH
Diglot
United Kingdom
Joined 5187 days ago

13 posts - 14 votes
Speaks: English*, French

Message 19 of 26
25 June 2010 at 1:47pm | IP Logged 
Any thoughts from anyone who's just done it? I found the written comprehension easy, the
oral comprehension fairly tough (but I'd say I got a pass mark in it), I felt
surprisingly relaxed during the oral but my grammar was all over the place, I didn't get
to practice this part at all and feel I might have failed it, the production ecrite
part...does anyone know if you actually have to write 250 words to pass? I think I wrote
about 200..

su
Myanmar
Joined 5097 days ago

3 posts - 3 votes

Message 20 of 26
03 July 2010 at 2:20pm | IP Logged 
I also have mine on 7th July. I'm so freaking out. I don't even know where to start even though it's only 3 or 4 days away. I'm gonna have to blame myself for not preparing earlier. I usually did the best in my "compréhension des écrits", but the oral comprehension is which I find quite challenging. Not enough practice, and not rich enough in vocabulary, I don't know how I'm going to do this time.

su
Myanmar
Joined 5097 days ago

3 posts - 3 votes

Message 21 of 26
03 July 2010 at 2:29pm | IP Logged 
vaguette wrote:

The comprehension oral used two examples taken from France Info so I was quite happy about that because I've spent the last four months listening to that station religiously and it certainly helped! I think in fact I had already even heard one of the examples...it sounded weirdly familiar to me!

Thanks for the info. Even though it's too close to my exam, I might give it a try listening to them. So far, I feel like the reporters don't even breathe mid sentence. But later is better than never. I'm glad I came across this website.

GLDFSH
Diglot
United Kingdom
Joined 5187 days ago

13 posts - 14 votes

Message 22 of 26
03 July 2010 at 3:04pm | IP Logged 
I would say get used to listening and understanding in adverse circumstances. I used to
listen with really good headphones and of course, it's a lot easier to understand like
that than in a room playing a shitty stereo with 15 other people in it. What I found the
hardest about the oral comprehension was the fact that the sections were backwards- the
long one with 14-odd questions came first and I only had 1 minute to read the questions
so I wasn't at all sure what to listen out for specifically, so for the first listen I
only got the gist of the piece and no answers, but got a good few answers the second time
around

starst
Triglot
China
Joined 5353 days ago

113 posts - 133 votes 

Message 23 of 26
20 July 2010 at 3:56pm | IP Logged 
Glad to tell everyone that I did it! :)
CO 13,CE 19.5,PE 19.5,PO 14, overall 66/100.
Guess my writing was not that bad, and my speaking is not that good...

Now I plan to challenge C1 in December!

GLDFSH
Diglot
United Kingdom
Joined 5187 days ago

13 posts - 14 votes

Message 24 of 26
05 August 2010 at 8:12pm | IP Logged 
Haha can't believe I passed... 72.5/100...CE 25, PE 19, CO 17, PO 11.5...Looks like I
really need to focus on speaking...need to find some French people in London..

This discussion contains 26 messages over 4 pages: << Prev 1 24  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version