Bilingual Triglot
United Kingdom
Joined 4599 days ago

1185 posts - 1513 votes 
Speaks: English*, Italian*, French
Studies: Japanese

Message 1 of 3
16 January 2013 at 12:14am | IP Logged 
I use http://kanji.koohii.com/ pretty much every day.

Just now I've tried to access it using Chrome from two different machines in two
different physical locations, and both claim that the site is infected with malware and
suggest that I don't go there.

Anyone else seeing this?

1 person has voted this message useful

daristani
United States
Joined 7078 days ago

752 posts - 1661 votes 
Studies: Uzbek

Message 2 of 3
16 January 2013 at 1:13am | IP Logged 
I just clicked on the link and got the same warning. The site is pretty active, though, with lots of users, so I would think (or at least hope) that they'll be able to resolve whatever problems there may be before too long.

dampingwire
Bilingual Triglot
United Kingdom
Joined 4599 days ago

1185 posts - 1513 votes 
Speaks: English*, Italian*, French
Studies: Japanese

Message 3 of 3
16 January 2013 at 1:50pm | IP Logged 
It works again for me now.

It says this on the front page:
Quote:

SITE NEWS
15 January 2013
There is NO malware on this website or the forum!
This website and associated forum are completely safe to use.

Unfortunately Google has flagged an entire ad delivery network (adsbyisocket) as
"malware". You can see as of writing here it's not even displaying an ad, but showing a
vacant space "Advertise here".

Google flags ad network isocket for alleged malware; Chrome blocks TechCrunch, Cult of
Mac, others (Updated)

Also see isocket's feed on Twitter

There is nothing I can do but wait and reply to concerned people's emails. There is no
use for me to remove the ad code as the website is already "flagged" on Google's
database, there will be no immediate change.

Neither is it any use to disable the ads with AdBlocker. Please disable AdBlocker on
this site if you want to support us. This site always partners with relevant and
helpful advertisers, it doesn't display random ads like Google AdSense.

I'm sorry there's not much I can do right now. Even if the ad space is currently
vacant, I won't remove it as it is a good service, and removing it is no guarantee that
the "ban" will be lifted off any sooner. I will issue a request with Google to clear
the site.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version