Diglot
Joined 7090 days ago

4228 posts - 8259 votes 
20 sounds
Speaks: English*, French
Studies: Polish, Slovak, Uzbek, Turkish, Korean, Finnish

Message 1 of 3
20 February 2013 at 6:39pm | IP Logged 
This is a new and free self-published magazine online about anything related to languages. So far it seems to consist of articles from several people and probably it'll continue to accept relevant contributions by anyone.

Parrot Time

It looks pretty slick with the articles' tone for me varying from being exposé-like articles mimicking Wikipedia articles to blog posts to reviews of language learning material. In other cases, they also resemble extended or beefed-up posts from this forum or Unilang.

I think that I may have found a home for a description of Uralic verbs meaning "to be" that I've been working on for a while. :-)
8 persons have voted this message useful

Abavagada
United States
abavagada.net
Joined 5502 days ago

7 posts - 10 votes
Speaks: English*
Studies: Italian

Message 2 of 3
09 March 2013 at 4:27pm | IP Logged 
Thanks for the support, Chung. I am the editor and we put out the magazine in correlation with my own site. We are always looking for articles from other people. Issue #3 was released just last week, and we are working on the next issue now. We look for articles dealing with languages, linguistics and culture primarily.

The address you linked to is the online version that has all the articles broken out for reading and sharing online. There is also the PDF version that can be downloaded or read online from Issuu, Scribd or JooMag.

Issue 4 will include articles on the Fuente Magna, Kannada authors, and Salishan languages.

Abavagada

Edited by Abavagada on 09 March 2013 at 4:28pm

3 persons have voted this message useful

Expugnator
Hexaglot
Brazil
Joined 5100 days ago

3335 posts - 4349 votes 
Speaks: Portuguese*, Norwegian, French, English, Italian, Papiamento
Studies: Mandarin, Georgian, Russian

Message 3 of 3
09 March 2013 at 9:35pm | IP Logged 
Thanks for the support, Chung! You're welcome to join us. You can write either in a
systematic way, as you do, or in a more loose way. I personally want to keep writing some
stories that involve the day by day of language learning.

1 person has voted this message useful

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version