Language Learning Forum : Links & Internet Resources Post Reply
Jinx
Triglot
Germany
reverbnation.co
Joined 5627 days ago

1085 posts - 1879 votes 
Speaks: English*, German, French
Studies: Catalan, Dutch, Esperanto, Croatian, Serbian, Norwegian, Mandarin, Italian, Spanish, Yiddish

Message 1 of 4
12 September 2010 at 8:39pm | IP Logged 
Hi everybody,

I don't know if anyone here is interested in learning Breton, but I thought I would let you know about this useful-looking resource I just found:

http://brezhoneg-digor.blogspot.com/

It's a blog in Breton, and the cool thing is, this guy posts videos (audio only) of spoken Breton (it sounds like storytelling to me), and below each video there's quite an accurate transcript of what the speaker is saying. The videos are usually short enough that you don't get exhausted from following along in the transcript, and the speakers are quite expressive and fun to listen to.

If there's anyone here who can actually read Breton and tell us all a little more about the idea behind these videos, I'd welcome some more knowledge about this blog!
5 persons have voted this message useful

maydayayday
Pentaglot
United Kingdom
Joined 5153 days ago

564 posts - 839 votes 
Speaks: English*, German, Italian, SpanishB2, FrenchB2
Studies: Arabic (Egyptian), Russian, Swedish, Turkish, Polish, Persian, Vietnamese
Studies: Urdu

Message 2 of 4
15 September 2010 at 12:19pm | IP Logged 
This is great, many thanks.

It appears that my french contains a number of Breton words without my knowing.
1 person has voted this message useful

jolback
Bilingual Diglot
France
Joined 4451 days ago

2 posts - 7 votes
Speaks: French*
Studies: English*, Breton

Message 3 of 4
13 July 2012 at 11:27pm | IP Logged 
Jinx wrote:

If there's anyone here who can actually read Breton and tell us all a little more about the idea behind these videos, I'd welcome some more knowledge about this blog!

Hi

The answer comes late because I had many difficulties to register on this forum ...

Yes I can help you because I am the creator of this blog. I do not know exactly what you want to know, but basically, I created this blog in order to provide an opportunity for everyone to listen to native speakers in the Breton language, and especially to allow beginners and people who aren't accustomed to hear native speakers to understand with the help of transcripts, that are below the videos. I tried to be as accurate as possible when I transcribed, I believe every word, even the smallest, as very important to give life to language. My goal is to inform the beauty of the popular Breton language.

But if you have more specific questions about the language, you can ask your questions, I'll try to answer them.
6 persons have voted this message useful

tarvos
Super Polyglot
Winner TAC 2012
China
likeapolyglot.wordpr
Joined 4641 days ago

5310 posts - 9399 votes 
Speaks: Dutch*, English, Swedish, French, Russian, German, Italian, Norwegian, Mandarin, Romanian, Afrikaans
Studies: Greek, Modern Hebrew, Spanish, Portuguese, Czech, Korean, Esperanto, Finnish

Message 4 of 4
05 November 2012 at 11:11am | IP Logged 
I am bumping this thread, I know, but it's a shame to let this marvellous resource go to
waste, especially given it's a language that already gets no love.

Trugarez!

3 persons have voted this message useful

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version