Tags: Pimsleur | Russian
 Language Learning Forum : Links & Internet Resources Post Reply
REIVILO
China
Joined 4274 days ago

1 posts - 1 votes

Message 1 of 4
07 January 2013 at 3:41am | IP Logged 
I have pimsleur russian lesson 1-19 mp3 files. but i have no written language version with those audio, like textbook or even transcript will be fine. is there anyone can help me find that, pdf or somethings. Thank you!
1 person has voted this message useful

renaissancemedi
Bilingual Triglot
Greece
Joined 4292 days ago

941 posts - 1309 votes 
Speaks: Greek*, Ancient Greek*, EnglishC2
Studies: French, Russian, Turkish, Modern Hebrew

Message 2 of 4
07 January 2013 at 9:13am | IP Logged 
I don't have a text eighter, but I only use pimsleur for conversation and listening skills. I complement my studies with more conventional methods, reading and writing etc. For me that way works just fine!
2 persons have voted this message useful

newyorkeric
Diglot
Singapore
Joined 6313 days ago

1598 posts - 2174 votes 
Speaks: English*, Italian
Studies: Mandarin, Malay
Personal Language Map

Message 3 of 4
07 January 2013 at 9:37am | IP Logged 
Pimsleur has asked that we don't link to any transcript so please don't include any links.
1 person has voted this message useful

iguanamon
Pentaglot
Virgin Islands
Speaks: Ladino
Joined 5196 days ago

2241 posts - 6731 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish, Portuguese, Haitian Creole, Creole (French)

Message 4 of 4
07 January 2013 at 1:04pm | IP Logged 
Renaissancemedi is spot on! You shouldn't use Pimsleur in isolation. If you are using other resources it will complement them nicely. This will help to give you the benefits of synergy. One reinforces the other. Pimsleur has many faults- way too much English, the whole "will you have a drink with me" somewhat creepy pick-up scene, number of words taught, etc, however; used along side other methods it works really well in generating automaticity in speaking, listening and pronunciation. Don't worry about the transcript. Pimsleur is designed to get you speaking and listening and understanding speech. Learn what it teaches you. Get your reading and writing elsewhere. When you're talking with someone, there are no subtitles.

I am using the Pimsleur Haitian Creole course right now and I am ignoring the reading lessons. I don't need them. I get plenty of reading elsewhere.

Edited by iguanamon on 07 January 2013 at 1:05pm

4 persons have voted this message useful

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version