Triglot
Bulgaria
Joined 5190 days ago

273 posts - 370 votes 
Speaks: Bulgarian*, English, Russian
Studies: Portuguese, German, Italian, Spanish, Norwegian, Finnish

Message 209 of 217
25 June 2012 at 9:04pm | IP Logged 
I'm a native speaker of Bulgarian and Im advanced in English.

I'm searching for people to chat with in German(A2~B1), Finnish(A1~A2) and Norwegian(A1~A2); Im also learning some other languages though far from being able to chat in them.

I'm also willing to help you with Bulgarian even if you dont speak any language of interest to me.
1 person has voted this message useful

prz_
Tetraglot
Poland
last.fm/user/prz_rul
Joined 4793 days ago

890 posts - 1190 votes 
Speaks: Polish*, English, Bulgarian, Croatian
Studies: Slovenian, Macedonian, Persian, Russian, Turkish, Ukrainian, Dutch, Swedish, German, Italian, Armenian, Kurdish

Message 210 of 217
25 June 2012 at 10:28pm | IP Logged 
If someone would like some help with Polish, intermediate Bulgarian and basic Slovene and Macedonian - don't hesitate to write... or call :) Just mind the fact that I can be a bit busy during these holidays.

Edited by prz_ on 25 June 2012 at 10:39pm

tennisfan
Triglot
United States
Joined 5294 days ago

130 posts - 247 votes 
Speaks: English*, Italian, Spanish
Studies: German

Message 211 of 217
22 July 2012 at 11:12am | IP Logged 
Hi, I'm a native speaker of English (American), and would love to find someone to Skype with in Romanian. I don't need a teacher, just a conversation partner. :) I speak relatively well but have never had an official exam. If you would like to talk, please let me know, I can make time.

Multumesc!

Aquila
Triglot
Netherlands
Joined 5415 days ago

104 posts - 128 votes 
Speaks: Dutch*, English, German
Studies: French

Message 212 of 217
27 July 2012 at 2:24pm | IP Logged 
tommus wrote:
There are over 200 posts in this thread, with people looking for an HTLAL Skype chat or
partner. I have not read about anyone succeeding. Did anyone get any L2 chats from this thread? Or is it a
"false friend" here on HTLAL?

Good question. I don't have very much succes unfortunately... Maybe there are not many people who like to
learn Dutch?

tommus
CanadaRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5800 days ago

979 posts - 1688 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Dutch, French, Esperanto, German, Spanish

Message 213 of 217
27 July 2012 at 4:01pm | IP Logged 
Aquila wrote:
Good question. I don't have very much succes unfortunately... Maybe there are not many people who like to learn Dutch?

I have had very good success with Skype partners, but none from HTLAL. I was not just refering to Dutch here. I just have not seen any reports here in HTLAL of anyone in any language who started their web chats via this thread on HTLAL. There must be some. I just have not seen any such reports.

As you now know from a PM, I like to learn Dutch. The main challenge for an anglophone learning Dutch is to find a balanced Dutch-English exchange because most Dutch are already very fluent in English. I find that I feel that my Dutch-English Skype exchanges are unfair to my Dutch partners because I am not helping them much to improve their already-good English whereas I am imposing my much-less-good Dutch upon them.

It is well known than the Dutch usually find it hard to understand why an anglophone (or anyone) would want to learn Dutch. But many of us do. Two good examples here are Hekje and Vos. And there is lots of great material available. The difficulty is getting the conversation practice, and ideally finding a Dutch person who needs help with English.

4 persons have voted this message useful

Aquila
Triglot
Netherlands
Joined 5415 days ago

104 posts - 128 votes 
Speaks: Dutch*, English, German
Studies: French

Message 214 of 217
28 July 2012 at 8:30pm | IP Logged 
tommus wrote:

It is well known than the Dutch usually find it hard to understand why an anglophone (or anyone) would want to
learn Dutch. But many of us do. Two good examples here are Hekje and Vos. And there is lots of great material
available. The difficulty is getting the conversation practice, and ideally finding a Dutch person who needs help
with English.

I think that Dutch can be an attractive and interesting language for speakers of English, not only because it's one of
the closest languages to English but if once you have learned Dutch, it's much easier to learn German (and perhaps
also other Germanic languages). But I have to admit that Dutch is a relatively small language with "only" 28 million
speakers (according to Wikipedia).

But to stay on-topic: for me it's okay if someone speaks only English. My English is not perfect and it's never bad to
have an opportunity to improve speaking skills. And i'd be glad if I can help someone with Dutch.

2 persons have voted this message useful

hooky
Diglot
Czech RepublicRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4477 days ago

23 posts - 24 votes
Speaks: Czech*, English
Studies: German, Russian

Message 215 of 217
12 August 2012 at 6:19pm | IP Logged 
Hi, I am looking for somebody who is learning German like me or is a native speaker and want to learn Czech ;)
My Skype name is : malejptacek

Jacob.A
Diglot
Sweden
Joined 4345 days ago

2 posts - 2 votes
Speaks: Swedish*, English
Studies: Italian, Spanish, Russian

Message 216 of 217
29 October 2012 at 6:33pm | IP Logged 
Hi!

I am looking for someone who can help me with Russian. I have just getting started.

I am a native speaker of Swedish so contact me if you want to learn Swedish from scratch
or if you just have som questions :)

This discussion contains 217 messages over 28 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version