Joined 6398 days ago

160 posts - 183 votes 
9 sounds
Speaks: Cantonese*, English, Mandarin
Studies: French, Spanish, Portuguese

Message 33 of 217
14 September 2007 at 8:13am | IP Logged 
administrator wrote:

Indeed, but apparently most users show up as "I'm not telling" or if you have a French-language browser "Je ne parle pas" unless they have specified that they want their Skype online status to be known to everyone. I'll look for a less tacky workaround.

That's still ok, I think. You could just treat "I'm not telling" as is now, and display a special message if the user is willing to tell his status.
1 person has voted this message useful

administrator
Hexaglot
Forum Admin
Switzerland
FXcuisine.com
Joined 7310 days ago

3094 posts - 2987 votes 
12 sounds
Speaks: French*, EnglishC2, German, Italian, Spanish, Russian
Personal Language Map

Message 34 of 217
14 September 2007 at 8:45am | IP Logged 
edwin wrote:
That's still ok, I think. You could just treat "I'm not telling" as is now, and display a special message if the user is willing to tell his status.

Thanks! I've looked for one hour and did not find any way to do it with Skype. All they give you is a user-specific URL that returns their ugly graphic with the stupid text 'I'm not telling'. If anybody knows a solution please let me know!

morphy
Bilingual Triglot
Groupie
France
modernerasmus.com
Joined 6324 days ago

68 posts - 71 votes 
Speaks: French*, Arabic (Written)*, English
Studies: Spanish, German

Message 35 of 217
14 September 2007 at 10:43am | IP Logged 
administrator wrote:
I will try to add an interface where users can specify which of the languages they study they would want to practice with Skype. You can update your profile and add your Skype name should you want it to appear to registered users on the forum. Thanks and let me know how I can make this feature better!

Thanks for this addition. Apart from the field where users specify the languages they'd like to practice with Skype, is it possible to add an optional field close to "Country" where we can type the city as well? That would be helpful if people are interested in meeting each other (Cf. a post of mine in General Discussion)

administrator
Hexaglot
Forum Admin
Switzerland
FXcuisine.com
Joined 7310 days ago

3094 posts - 2987 votes 
12 sounds
Personal Language Map

Message 36 of 217
14 September 2007 at 10:53am | IP Logged 
morphy wrote:
Thanks for this addition. Apart from the field where users specify the languages they'd like to practice with Skype, is it possible to add an optional field close to "Country" where we can type the city as well? That would be helpful if people are interested in meeting each other (Cf. a post of mine in General Discussion)

Great idea! I'll try to create this feature when I implement the "I want to practice this language" feature in the "Languages I'm learning" list.

Thuan
Triglot
GermanyRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 6864 days ago

133 posts - 156 votes 
Speaks: Vietnamese, German*, English
Studies: French, Japanese, Romanian, Swedish, Mandarin

Message 37 of 217
17 September 2007 at 3:10pm | IP Logged 
Sounds like a nice idea. I´m studying Japanese (and Korean). I could offer German (native) and English.
My nick: tha-phuong

HTale
Bilingual Diglot
United Kingdom
Joined 6312 days ago

164 posts - 167 votes 
Speaks: English*, Arabic (Written)*
Studies: French

Message 38 of 217
17 September 2007 at 7:18pm | IP Logged 
My Skype Name is almaghrebi100. I can offer Arabic (MSA, or the Moroccan dialect - I doubt anyone will be interested in the latter), and English. Both are good levels - enough to engage in lively banter and the like.

Note: add me, however, microphone is playing up so I have to buy a new one, hopefully by tomorrow. Once I'm ready you'll see the skype logo under my name; but obviously bookmark me!

Oh, and of course, please, any French native speakers would be nice, just add me. Not quite ready to speak yet. Once I can speak, we can speak about anything; Sarkozy and his alcoholism, to Rugby.

Edited by HTale on 17 September 2007 at 7:19pm

administrator
Hexaglot
Forum Admin
Switzerland
FXcuisine.com
Joined 7310 days ago

3094 posts - 2987 votes 
12 sounds
Personal Language Map

Message 39 of 217
17 September 2007 at 11:13pm | IP Logged 
Guys, add your Skype name to your profile on this site and it will appear as a link below your name.

Bless
Argentina
Joined 6211 days ago

2 posts - 2 votes
Speaks: Spanish*
Studies: English

Message 40 of 217
18 September 2007 at 6:06pm | IP Logged 
I'm new here, and I was looking for a language exchange. I'm learning English, and I offer Spanish (my native language).

If somebody is interested, please send me a PM.

Thanks in advance.

María

This discussion contains 217 messages over 28 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 46 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version