United States
Joined 6251 days ago

29 posts - 29 votes
Speaks: English*
Studies: Japanese

Message 9 of 12
09 May 2008 at 4:01am | IP Logged 
Day 8 - May 07, 2008

Long, long, day. Tackled 201 kanji, since it didn't seem right to stop just before finishing a primitive group. I like being efficient more than I like even numbers. Anyway, that puts me at frame 801. Hey, if I keep this pace up, I'll be able to start posting journal entries with more interesting content than just a kanji count within a week! Hahaha, who am I kidding? That's not going to happen.

My brain hurts.
1 person has voted this message useful

Mcjon01
United States
Joined 6251 days ago

29 posts - 29 votes

Message 10 of 12
10 May 2008 at 2:05am | IP Logged 
Day 9 - May 09, 2008

Did 99 kanji, putting me at frame 900. I don't like wheat.

Mcjon01
United States
Joined 6251 days ago

29 posts - 29 votes

Message 11 of 12
16 May 2008 at 3:54am | IP Logged 
So, I've been pretty unproductive since about Saturday of last week. It started off with family obligations and mother's day, and ended with me being crushed under the weight of 200 to 300 expired flashcards per day. I've been focusing on just keeping up with my expired cards, and I'm just today getting around to adding any new ones, since my reviews have slowed down considerably. I'm up to Frame 950 now, and I hope to push through and finish RTK1 by the end of the month. That'll leave me about three months to focus on grammar and vocabulary before my next semester of Japanese starts in the fall.

Mcjon01
United States
Joined 6251 days ago

29 posts - 29 votes

Message 12 of 12
27 July 2008 at 11:25pm | IP Logged 
So, I haven't really been updating this journal, but that's mostly because it seemed a bit redundant to spend three solid months talking about doing the Heisig method. In any case, I finally finished RTK1 today. It took me about a few months longer than planned, but such is life. I figure I'll start entering sentences into Anki tomorrow, it seems like a logical next step after getting so used to using SRS flashcards for Heisig.

This discussion contains 12 messages over 2 pages: << Prev 1

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version