United States
wontletitpassmeRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5957 days ago

17 posts - 17 votes
Speaks: English*, Spanish
Studies: Ancient Greek, French

Message 10 of 10
16 August 2008 at 3:59pm | IP Logged 
Well it's been a long time since I put an update on here. Even though I'm so determined to review and practice my Spanish I feel like I've hit a bit of a wall. I've been kind of lazy in my studying this summer, mainly because I feel like I'm just reviewing the same stuff over and over again, stuff I originally learned six years ago. And when I review these things in a grammar book I always go "Oh yeah! I remember that." but I still am not at the point where I can come up with this grammar off the top of my head. And as a soon-to-be Spanish teacher I can't settle for simply being able to use the grammar in context, I actually DO need to be able to rattle off verb conjugations. It's still driving me nuts not allowing myself to start learning another language too (especially now that I've bought two "learn Italian" books that are sitting in my dresser drawer calling to me!!) but I feel like I owe it to myself and my students to make sure that my Spanish is more fluent before I even think about starting on another language. The teacher I'm teaching with for student teaching has actually given me four workbooks (three on Spanish grammar, one on vocabulary) which was incredibly kind of her, and I'm hoping that I can use these books in the coming weeks before my college classes start back up for the semester, to really solidify my Spanish grammar. Especially since until classes start I really don't have anything I have to do. So, since I seem to not do well with long term plans, my plans for the rest of today and tomorrow...and then we'll see where I'm at...

Today-
Review present tense (especially irregulars), using "Spanish Three Years" and "En Marcha."
Do chapter 1 of the Schaum's vocabulary book
Read one chapter of the book I've been reading for a while "El misterio de la isla de Tokland" by Joan Manuel Gisbert, writing down vocabulary I don't know

Tomorrow-
Briefly review present tense
Review future tense and conditional tense, using "Spanish Three Years" and "En Marcha"
Do chapter 2 of the Schaum's vocabulary book
Read another chapter of the Gisbert book

Also, if anyone has any advice for getting past this weird point where you sort of know the grammar, but don't ACTUALLY know a lot of it, it would be greatly appreciated.
1 person has voted this message useful

This discussion contains 10 messages over 2 pages: << Prev 1

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version