Sweden
Joined 5910 days ago

34 posts - 37 votes
Speaks: Swedish*, English
Studies: French, Latin, Ancient Greek

Message 33 of 37
16 August 2008 at 2:56pm | IP Logged 
Saturday 16th August

Latin: Read through the chapter one time and made exercita 1-7.

French: Read this article: http://www.france-info.com/spip.php?article173076&theme=29&s ous_theme=33 and listened to the radio, I didn't understand more today.

English: Read Carrie and watched one Dexter episode.

Today was one of those days when I didn't feel like doing anything. I always feel so when I have had one day with unusual food habits, like I had yesterday. I think I'm a person with many habits, and when I doesn't keep up with some habit it seems like I don't care to keep up with the other habits.

I didn't do as much as planned but it wasn't to bad after all.
1 person has voted this message useful

Zebulon
Diglot
Sweden
Joined 5910 days ago

34 posts - 37 votes

Message 34 of 37
18 August 2008 at 4:35pm | IP Logged 
Sunday 17th August
Latin: Nihil. That wasn't good...

English: Watched two Dexter episodes, one movie whose title I can't remember and read some in Carrie.

French: Surfed around on the French version of Wikipedia. I think I ended up trying to read an entry about Strindberg. The introduction was no problem but the rest was too hard.

Monday
Latin: Read through the chapter one time and made exercita 7-12 and pensa.

French: Wrote up the three conjugations in present, passé composé, imperfect and future without any reference. I think I got it right. Translated the first verse of Amsterdam by Jacquel Brel.

English: Watched two Dexter episodes so far. I probably read later. And I'm feeling that my vocabulary has increased pretty much. Although I may have some problem with using the new words...

My French isn't going forward. I need some method to work after, simply reading didn't work as good as I thought. I have bought Easy French Reader which seems to be like Lingua Latina, which is working great for me. In the future I think I'll go with Easy French Reader and Pimsleur (Michel Thomas wasn't my thing).

Edited by Zebulon on 18 August 2008 at 4:37pm

Zebulon
Diglot
Sweden
Joined 5910 days ago

34 posts - 37 votes

Message 35 of 37
20 August 2008 at 2:01pm | IP Logged 
Tuesday 19th August
Latin: Read capitulum octavum one time and tried to understand, it was a lot of new things.

French: Memorized new words I've came across the last two days.

English: Read thirteen pages in Carrie and watched Tom Brown's Schooldays.

Wednesday 20th August
Latin: Read capitulum octavum two times. I'm far away from understanding it, but I'm not worried, just to keep reading.

French: Pimsleur, unit three in the morning and in the afternoon unit four. I haven't got Easy French Reader yet.

English: Read twenty pages in Carrie.

Edited by Zebulon on 22 August 2008 at 2:17pm

Zebulon
Diglot
Sweden
Joined 5910 days ago

34 posts - 37 votes

Message 36 of 37
22 August 2008 at 2:40pm | IP Logged 
Thursday 21th August
Latin: Read capitulum octavum two times and made pensa.

French: Pimsleur unit four and unit five.

English: Well, I did probably do something, but not with purpose.

Friday 22th August
Latin: Read capitulum octavum two times and made pensa. Starting to get it now.

French: Pimsleur, unit six and the first text from Easy French Reader (which was very ... easy, but the difficulty increase for every text, it will become harder).

English: Watched Velvet Goldmine.

I think I can't keep on reading English literature for the moment, unfortunately. My Swedish teacher asked me if I wanted to hold a lecture in Russian literature when I happened to mention for her that I've read a lot of Dostoevsky during the summer (not in Russian). I said yes. But it feels wrong to hold a lecture if I only have read Dostoevsky. I want to talk about the Russian literature based on my own reading. We haven't talked through it yet, but I will probably not cover all the eras and authors but rather focus on one era or maybe only one author, I don't know yet. But still I want to read more that only Dostoevsky. So for at least a month I'll be busy with Tolstoy and then I maybe read someone else. We'll see, but anyway I want to prioritize Tolstoy for a while now. I think this will be fun and a great experience for me.

Edited by Zebulon on 22 August 2008 at 2:42pm

Zebulon
Diglot
Sweden
Joined 5910 days ago

34 posts - 37 votes

Message 37 of 37
23 August 2008 at 5:06pm | IP Logged 
Saturday 23th August
Latin: Read capitulum octavum two times and made pensa, again. Tomorrow I feel ready for the exercita.

French: Pimsleur, unit seven and unit eight and the second text from Easy French Reader, I did actually learn something new in this text - I didn't know that comme could mean since nor that même could mean even.

English: Some movie, I've forgot the title.

This entry will be my last in this log. But I'll continue to study, of course.

This discussion contains 37 messages over 5 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version