Sweden
namida.se/Registered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5881 days ago

1 posts - 1 votes
Speaks: Swedish*, English
Studies: Japanese

Message 1 of 2
22 August 2008 at 6:06am | IP Logged 
Today is my last day at work, after which I will move to my own, AJATT-prepared apartment. I am leaving all my Swedish and English books and movies in my parents' house, and I've already sold most of my English-language games and CDs on ebay. (The Japanese version of Final Fantasy XII has English audio, though. What the heck?)

It's all Japanese from now on, and it feels great.
1 person has voted this message useful

Thuan
Triglot
GermanyRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 6873 days ago

133 posts - 156 votes 
Speaks: Vietnamese, German*, English
Studies: French, Japanese, Romanian, Swedish, Mandarin

Message 2 of 2
22 August 2008 at 6:58am | IP Logged 
Good luck! I did AJATT to a certain degree, but never that extreme. And it greatly enhanced my Japanese abilities. I didn't watch any movies in English for a year (there really are enough good Japanese movies/animes/dramas to keep you busy). Bought or got myself a lot of Japanese books (My bookshelf is a small library with novels, magazines, catalogues, mangas, flyers, etc. in Japanese). I have yet to read any of these novels, but I know that I'm about to reach that novel (reading sekachuu right now, aka. Crying out for love, in the center of the world). My OS is in English, but I got myself an Asus eeepc from Japan with Japanese Windows. First day was a shock "damn, everything's in Japanese", but it didn't took me a week to find myself capable to "read" the messages (I actually just understood the messages).

I'm studying other languages besides Japanese, so I won't go AJAAT. But I have no doubt about the efficiancy of such drastic measures. Keep it up! 頑張って!

1 person has voted this message useful

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version