egg_uk
United Kingdom
Joined 6361 days ago

203 posts - 204 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Spanish

Message 9 of 32
05 May 2008 at 7:54am | IP Logged 
4th, short day, didnt really feel like learning at all till gone midnight, managed 30 minutes, and i think the work was real productive. went from 2I-2M. Now i'm fully confident with 2I, so I am happy with that.

Edited by egg_uk on 07 May 2008 at 1:44pm

1 person has voted this message useful

egg_uk
United Kingdom
Joined 6361 days ago

203 posts - 204 votes 

Message 10 of 32
07 May 2008 at 1:49pm | IP Logged 
5th was another slack day, was so tired that i only managed 20minutes and then fell asleep. I worked from 2m-20 on MT advanced.

6th i managed a lot more, i cleared my 60 minute, attempted, minimum and achieved 73 minutes total for the day. I worked through 2o-3a, and then 2p-3b. Its getting to the point where i need to repeat more, possibly even more than i am doing, even though Michel does repeat things in multiple units. i should find out how well im doing when i hit the revision cd. I also used supermemo some more, a few hundred cards got there first use, still over a 1000 to activate, now i'm tied in to using it everyday.

Edited by egg_uk on 08 May 2008 at 11:09am

egg_uk
United Kingdom
Joined 6361 days ago

203 posts - 204 votes 

Message 11 of 32
08 May 2008 at 11:14am | IP Logged 
7th, 131 minutes. Quite a productive day, spent quite a long time with Supermemo, now down to less than 750cards to activate. I have already struggled with some of the words in my flashcards, as they havent been practised enough since i relearned them in the last couple of weeks, so I'm glad i took the plunge again and started my flashcard work. listened to parts 3-5 of NIS Inspired beginners, there is some good stuff in these easier podcasts, i might get the transcripts for these, but they arent as beneficial as the intermediate level ones. Finally worked my way passed 2p in the MT work, i worked with 2p-3d and 2p-3c. I intend on starting on 3b next time. 2p is another essential unit that has to be learned. Im happy with just a shade over 9hours for the first week.

Edited by egg_uk on 09 May 2008 at 7:41am

egg_uk
United Kingdom
Joined 6361 days ago

203 posts - 204 votes 

Message 12 of 32
09 May 2008 at 7:44am | IP Logged 
8th, 45 minutes, spent another good amount of time activating some flashcards, now less than 600 to go. Also made some good progress with MT, went from 3B-3H and am intending on starting on 3G next time, i feel im really rattling through the units at the minute. It does seem to be covering a lot of ground with the different tenses and a few verbs etc. after i finish this i think i will try and work through the review disc every week or two, whilst using assimil and possibly loquella, so as to keep the tenses and word patterns fresh.

Edited by egg_uk on 10 May 2008 at 9:27am

egg_uk
United Kingdom
Joined 6361 days ago

203 posts - 204 votes 

Message 13 of 32
10 May 2008 at 9:27am | IP Logged 
9th another slack day, only 32mins. Didnt activate anymore flashcards, as i had to work through quite a lot that i have added lately. Almost have 3g and 3h down on MT, so should start on 3I either next attempt or the one after. Still moving along, i do prefer it when my learning progresses. I think i gave up last time as i brought in too many elements everyday, reading books, listening to podcasts, reading online, and flashcards, so i had no time to do the core work, and with this lack of progress i started to regress. Then i dropped to just flashcards to try and maintain what i had already learned but couldnt face going back to MT and maybe having to go back a whole disc or more. My point, this time i am going to try and stick with just flashcards and MT until im happy with what i know, not saying i wont listen to any podcasts or read anything, just have them on the backburner as supplementary rather taking up more time than the priority work.

Edited by egg_uk on 14 May 2008 at 12:04pm

egg_uk
United Kingdom
Joined 6361 days ago

203 posts - 204 votes 

Message 14 of 32
14 May 2008 at 12:03pm | IP Logged 
10th 0mins
11th 0mins
12th 46mins
13th 50mins

as you can see i have been the most productive lately, and missing saturday and sunday meant i had huge backlog of flashcards, close to 600, so i spent most of the previous 2 days working through them. im going to wait another couple of days before i activate any more, as i dont like knowing i have hundreds to get through that day. I havent spent as much time as i would like with MT adv, but im now comfortable with starting on 3L today. I am finding it harder to remember things when i get bogged down on a certain unit for too long

Edited by egg_uk on 15 May 2008 at 11:15am

egg_uk
United Kingdom
Joined 6361 days ago

203 posts - 204 votes 

Message 15 of 32
15 May 2008 at 11:14am | IP Logged 
14th 44mins, this second week hasnt been as productive as the first, but i have a feeling the third week is going to be quite good, and assimil should arrive as well. Flashcards took less than 10 minutes, then spent some time with MT adv, 3L-3R. 3R is further than i went on the last TA last year, and im intending to go a lot further this time, at least basic fluency, though that will take some time. I think i might watch a few Spanish films this week.

Edited by egg_uk on 16 May 2008 at 4:25am

egg_uk
United Kingdom
Joined 6361 days ago

203 posts - 204 votes 

Message 16 of 32
16 May 2008 at 4:24am | IP Logged 
15th, 59 minutes, I reviewed my flashcards, only took around 5 minutes so i thought i would activate a few more, think i activated 50-75, less than 500 to do now, and i want to add those soon as i think they only go up to MT adv 3p, and ive been working up to 3r, so i have to activate those and start adding new ones from the transcripts, if anyone wants to know where the transcripts are let me know and ill add the link to this journal. I dont like spending too much time with flashcards at the minute, as in general all my learning is through listening, then thinking about the answers, whereas when i read the words in English and translate to Spanish i seem to find it harder.

worked with MT advanced again as well, 3M-3Q and 3N-3Q and the next session im going to start on 3P, so there is progress, but i still have a way to go to finish this course. Anyone think that the MT language builder courses are necessary? especially as i intend on doing the new vocab course after the advanced course, is it much harder without covering the language builder course?

Then spent a few minutes going over the first unit in the practice makes perfect complete Spanish grammar book, there looks like a lot of exercises in there, i may have to start some of them if i can find the time.

Edited by egg_uk on 17 May 2008 at 4:33am

This discussion contains 32 messages over 4 pages: << Prev 13 4  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version