egg_uk
United Kingdom
Joined 6361 days ago

203 posts - 204 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Spanish

Message 25 of 32
31 May 2008 at 5:58am | IP Logged 
30th, 75mins. A bit more of a productive day, worked through MTadv to the end, the last part, 4R, just goes over what to do when you have finished the course, so i wont listen to that again, but parts 4M-4Q need more work. I carried on with Assimil, i went over lession 1 again, and worked through lesson 2 3 or 4 times. I also went through the hundred flashcards i had to review that day and activated 50 more, less than 150 to activate now. Finally i listened to at least 15mins of ABC news exclusiva podcasts, to practice some real time understanding.

Edited by egg_uk on 01 June 2008 at 6:55am

1 person has voted this message useful

egg_uk
United Kingdom
Joined 6361 days ago

203 posts - 204 votes 

Message 26 of 32
01 June 2008 at 6:55am | IP Logged 
31st, 38 mins, i would have done more if it hadnt been for being ill. My sore throat was killing me and i couldnt do any more assimil as it was too much speaking, i only listened to the first 2 lessons against once and lesson 3 once, so the next session i will have to put in a few more goes with 3 and then 4 as well. Did some more MTadv, almost done without that now, next session ill be working from 4p, and it only goes to 4q, then its just revision. Revised my flashcards, didnt activate any more, probably will activate some more on the 2nd.

First Month total 26h24m. 1st month is done, and im fairly happy with that amount of time.

Edited by egg_uk on 02 June 2008 at 2:00pm

egg_uk
United Kingdom
Joined 6361 days ago

203 posts - 204 votes 

Message 27 of 32
02 June 2008 at 2:00pm | IP Logged 
1st, 84 mins, didnt do any MTadv, spent most of my time with Assimil. Went through lessons 1-3 once each again, then 4-5 times each with lessons 4&5, just reading my notes it seems like i was supposed to go through lesson 3 a few more times, and i thought it was lesson 4. So i worked lesson 4, as i thought i was behind with it, and lesson 5 as i thought that was the one i was on. I really should have read my journal before starting my learning, nevermind lesson 3 seemed pretty clear to me, and it will get covered quite a few more times as im going to try and review at least 5 days before the lesson i am on everyday. Hopefully that amount of repetition, in the first wave, roughly 8-10 times, will be enough. Also i revised my flashcards, on this day i had 166 to review, thats why i havent activated anymore yet. Then i listened to some Notes in Spanish advanced podcasts, but they were too advanced for me to know what was going on, so i moved to Notes in Spanish Intermediate podcasts. These worked for what i wanted from them at the time, which was some simple revision, trying to understand what they were saying.

If anyone is unhappy with my lack of grammatical correctness, lack of apostrophes, capital letters, hyphens etc. let me know and i will rectify it. It's just a lazy typing habit, probably from where Word autocorrects everything.

Edited by egg_uk on 05 June 2008 at 3:32pm

egg_uk
United Kingdom
Joined 6361 days ago

203 posts - 204 votes 

Message 28 of 32
05 June 2008 at 3:32pm | IP Logged 
2nd 76mins
3rd 0mins
4th 51 mins

The 2nd was a good day, i spent quite a while with supermemo activating the remaining 150 flashcards. I finished MTadv, and i will start using the review disc in the next few days. And also carried on with my Assimil work, this time reviewing the first five lessons, and the listening to part 6 4 or 5 times, When i say listening I am shadowing, i try and say what they are saying at the same time, trying to replicate the intonation etc.

The 3rd wasnt a good day, i helped a friend out after work, and by the time i was finished with that i had a shocking headache and went to bed.

The 4th, had to catch up on the flashcards i missed the day before, combined with the ones that day, and the fact i had activated so many cards before that, i had 350+ to contend with. After that i reviewed the first 6 lessons of assimil, and read what it said in the 7th, review lesson.

Not much else of note, its hard to find much time at the minute, with working 6 days, searching for a new job, weight training, seeing friends, and general relaxation. Some time in the next couple of days i will have to start creating some new flashcards to catch up to the end of MTadv, does anyone think i should create the assimil ones as well? i know someone reads this log

Edited by egg_uk on 08 June 2008 at 7:52am

egg_uk
United Kingdom
Joined 6361 days ago

203 posts - 204 votes 

Message 29 of 32
08 June 2008 at 7:51am | IP Logged 
5th 64mins
6th 48mins
7th 50mins

Ive reviewed my flashcards everyday, usually between 150 and 200 to review. Ive added a lot more flashcards, so i am upto the end of disc 3 in MTadv, time to start adding disc 4. I now have a total of around 1500 flashcards that i work with. Apart from that i have just worked with Assimil, im now 10 lessons in, and until yesterday i was still reviewing from the start everyday, now i have started to drop a lesson everyday, ie start reviewing from lesson 2, then lesson 3 the next day. also started the MTadv review disc, only went through the first 5 of ~70 tracks. if i can find time in my schedule i would like to start some reading again, probably just from news sites.

I dont have much time, so im not going to log everyday, but when i do log, i will log what i have done everyday, not really as if many people are reading it anyway.

Edited by egg_uk on 13 June 2008 at 12:40pm

egg_uk
United Kingdom
Joined 6361 days ago

203 posts - 204 votes 

Message 30 of 32
13 June 2008 at 12:40pm | IP Logged 
8th 51mins
9th 29mins
10th 245mins
11th 121mins
12th 194mins

Ive done quite a bit of work lately, still progressing along with assimil at one lesson a day, and and still reviewing about 7 days before of the assimil work. The speed of the language is picking up now, on assimil, im on lesson 15, and it takes a couple of runs through to speak at that speed.

Ive been working on a few podcasts lately as well, during the day, thats why some of my learning times have increased a bit. Firstly ive worked through the first 18 Coffee Break Spanish (CBS) podcasts, and the first 2 podcasts from Spanish-bookworld.com (SB), and their 2 extra podcasts for their lessons. i like the CBS podcasts as they are easy to work with when im working and you can still learn things from them, and revise other things from them, bad points is that neither person is a native speaker. and the SB podcasts are really good because they teach you several things quickly, then spend the rest of the podcast and the extra podcast revising them in many different ways, and there are also pdf guides for free, and the speaker is native Spanish. the negative with them is that there have only been 8 main podcasts created in 1 year.

Im thinking about adding all the information i learn from the podcasts into my flashcards, which i have still been reviewing everyday, and the best way for me to learn them is quizlet, i think i have mentioned this site before. to learn the words from lesson 7 from CBS, the first 6 i added last year, it took around 45mins to fully learn the 46 words that were in the set. this means its going to take quite a while to catch up to lesson 18, but it isnt too bad for the amount of words/small phrases that i feel i have learned.

other than that i havent done much else, language learning wise, but i feel i have learned a lot in the last few days.

Edited by egg_uk on 28 June 2008 at 10:19am

egg_uk
United Kingdom
Joined 6361 days ago

203 posts - 204 votes 

Message 31 of 32
28 June 2008 at 10:18am | IP Logged 
didnt know it had been so long since i had posted. i have been so busy that i have barely had any time to study, let a lone post. it hasnt exactly been total annhilition for a while. i havent managed to do assimil everyday, which is annoying, ive had a really sore throat and cough since last time i posted, which hurts when i try to speak Spanish, therefore it has inhibited my will to learn, especially speaking. But i have covered the first 23 lessons of assimil. ive added more words/phrases to my flashcards, all of MTadv, and upto 12 for CBS. I also listened to some Spanishpod podcasts, the elementary ones, which are easy to follow.

13th 21min
14th 0
15th 0
16th 15mins
17th 58 mins
18th 19mins
19th 7 mins
20th 55mins
21st 79mins
22nd 116mins
23rd 23mins
24th 4mins
25th 12mins
26th 25mins
27th 23mins

Total 50h54m

egg_uk
United Kingdom
Joined 6361 days ago

203 posts - 204 votes 

Message 32 of 32
05 July 2008 at 9:57am | IP Logged 
not really putting in much effort at the minute, im really lacking motivation,and have only been keeping up with my flashcards since the last post. I dont have enough time in the day, and when i have some spare time this isnt my priority, not the best approach. hopefully over this weekend/week ill get back into the swing of things. may have to change the name of this thread.

This discussion contains 32 messages over 4 pages: << Prev 1 2 3

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version