Slovakia
gainweightjournal.co
Joined 6027 days ago

154 posts - 210 votes 
Speaks: Russian, English*, Czech*, Slovak*, French, Spanish
Studies: Ukrainian, Polish, Dutch

Message 9 of 11
22 June 2008 at 2:25pm | IP Logged 
A bit off topic, but noticed a trip to SE Asia. That's what I wanna do too someday as well. It's still a few years off I imagine. But in the future I would like to go to Thailand for a few months and learn the language, as well as travel a bit after. (maybe picking up Malay/Indonesian)

But good luck with the German studies. My level of German is close to 0. (meaning in a conversation I can't get much beyond "Guten Tag")
1 person has voted this message useful

Deniz
Bilingual Heptaglot
Groupie
Czech RepublicRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 6762 days ago

94 posts - 97 votes 
Speaks: Czech*, Slovak*, EnglishC2, German, Italian, Spanish, FrenchB2
Studies: Russian, Arabic (Written), Portuguese, Indonesian, Persian

Message 10 of 11
23 June 2008 at 3:07am | IP Logged 
Well I usually get "Auf wiedersehen" as well, but that is bound to be unsufficient :) Thank you for support thou.
Oh yeah, SE Asia-the white sandy beaches, exotic metropolises, almost immaculate hill tribes, stunning nature, relatively cheap and safe..It has been my planned destination for long, so I finally decided to go and I am lookin forward to it quite a lot. As to the languages, I am a bit afraid that as many are tonal-Thai, Vietnamese-and have no cognates with our IE languages, their difficulty will be probably comparable with that of Chinese, i.e. extremely hard. But when one really falls in love with the country, then why not. On the other hand, Malay/ Indonesian is also a language I d love to learn-I already have some books and recordings and it seems, that the way they create words is somehow very predictable and it is supposed to be the easiest from the oriental languages.

Deniz
Bilingual Heptaglot
Groupie
Czech RepublicRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 6762 days ago

94 posts - 97 votes 
Speaks: Czech*, Slovak*, EnglishC2, German, Italian, Spanish, FrenchB2
Studies: Russian, Arabic (Written), Portuguese, Indonesian, Persian

Message 11 of 11
02 July 2008 at 6:54am | IP Logged 
Yahoo, I passed the penultimate exam at my faculty, so I can finally plunge into German..I ll do the Pimsleur 1,2,3,4 till the end of this weekend just to get in touch with German again.

This discussion contains 11 messages over 2 pages: << Prev 1

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version