Ireland
Joined 6220 days ago

9 posts - 9 votes
Speaks: English*
Studies: Spanish

Message 1 of 16
15 July 2008 at 11:56am | IP Logged 
Buenas Tardes.

I realise that I'm a little bit late in the TAC schedule but better late than never I imagine. I feel that I should start by writing down how much Spanish I have actually covered since I started learning it last year.

1. Pimsleur I II and 15 lessons of III. I started learning Spanish after I found these in the library. I got bored of this a little while ago and never finished.

2. Learning Spanish Like Crazy. I bought this about three months ago and have done the first 20 lessons.

3. Michel Thomas. Got these out out of the Library two. I have completed the foundation course and review and have started on the language builder. A great course even if the two 'students' annoy me :-)

4. Lola Lago books. I've started to read these with the tape chapter by chapter and then listen to them when I'm out/going to work/ at the shops etc.

5. I'm about to begin making flashcards to build up vocab.

So that brings me up to speed so far. My goal is to finish the above courses over the next few weeks before I go to Spain. I'd like to say that I'll do an hour or so a day but frankly the aim is to do as much as possible before my little brain tires out and then get up the next day and start all over again.

Wish me luck! :-)
1 person has voted this message useful

cara4
Ireland
Joined 6220 days ago

9 posts - 9 votes

Message 2 of 16
15 July 2008 at 11:59am | IP Logged 
'I got these out of the library two'

What a great start. I'm spelling incorrectly in my native tongue. I haven't even started on the Spanish yet!!!

TheElvenLord
Diglot
United Kingdom
Joined 6023 days ago

915 posts - 927 votes 
1 sounds
Speaks: Cornish, English*
Studies: Spanish, French, German
Studies: Portuguese, Mandarin

Message 4 of 16
15 July 2008 at 2:02pm | IP Logged 
Cara4, you'll have the luck of the Irish anyway !! :)

Hehe, leprachauns (sorry, couldnt resist :D)

TEL

cara4
Ireland
Joined 6220 days ago

9 posts - 9 votes

Message 5 of 16
16 July 2008 at 5:36am | IP Logged 
Muchas Gracias, chicos. :-)

cara4
Ireland
Joined 6220 days ago

9 posts - 9 votes

Message 6 of 16
16 July 2008 at 5:49am | IP Logged 
Hhmmm ok.

So last night I listened to lesson 16 of Pimsleur which I think I'll have to go a few times. I also did the first 3 'lessons' of Michel Thomas Language Builder.

This morning I listened the first 20mins of Lola Lago 'Por amor al arte' and understood about 80%. Constant listening-reading of these books seems to be paying off. :-)

I'll be out on the razz after work tomorrow night so I've promised myself to do plenty of Spanish this evening to make up for it. :-)

Hasta luego.

This discussion contains 16 messages over 2 pages: 2  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version