Finland
Joined 6567 days ago

26 posts - 26 votes
Speaks: Finnish*, English
Studies: Italian, Russian, French
Personal Language Map

Message 17 of 30
17 May 2008 at 3:37am | IP Logged 
Argh! I just realized that I only have one month before I leave to Italy. I also haven't studied in few last days. I have been working much because I need money to the trip and I also have to pay my rent and other stuff. But I still don't work that much because just yesterday I played my Nintendo DS. I actually play a game which I bought to my vacation. So I am ruining my studies and my vacation plans at the same time. (Of course I am not going to only play my DS in Italy, I have lots of other stuff to do also.)

To do today:

Review all grammar that I have learned.
Reread all the dialogs.
Listen Italian at least 10 minutes,

Unfortunately I have to go to work soon and I'll be back about 22.30 and I have morning shift tomorrow so I can't be up late. I hope I can do everything today and start studying more from now on.

I really need some encouragements now!   
1 person has voted this message useful

Leopejo
Bilingual Triglot
Italy
Joined 6052 days ago

675 posts - 724 votes 
Speaks: Italian*, Finnish*, English
Studies: French, Russian

Message 18 of 30
17 May 2008 at 3:42am | IP Logged 
elegia wrote:
Argh! I just realized that I only have one month before I leave to Italy. I also haven't studied in few last days. I have been working much because I need money to the trip and I also have to pay my rent and other stuff. But I still don't work that much because just yesterday I played my Nintendo DS. I actually play a game which I bought to my vacation. So I am ruining my studies and my vacation plans at the same time. (Of course I am not going to only play my DS in Italy, I have lots of other stuff to do also.)

To do today:

Review all grammar that I have learned.
Reread all the dialogs.
Listen Italian at least 10 minutes,

Unfortunately I have to go to work soon and I'll be back about 22.30 and I have morning shift tomorrow so I can't be up late. I hope I can do everything today and start studying more from now on.

I really need some encouragements now!   

Forza, Elegia! Ce la puoi fare! E soprattutto, prova a divertirti, non prendere lo studio come qualcosa di "necessario". Non sei a scuola :-)

(sorry, in Italian and without translation, at least for now :D )

elegia
Diglot
Pro Member
Finland
Joined 6567 days ago

26 posts - 26 votes
Personal Language Map

Message 19 of 30
17 May 2008 at 3:33pm | IP Logged 
Leopejo wrote:

Forza, Elegia! Ce la puoi fare! E soprattutto, prova a divertirti, non prendere lo studio come qualcosa di "necessario". Non sei a scuola :-)

(sorry, in Italian and without translation, at least for now :D )

Ok, I really don't have to study Italian but I want to speak best Italian that I can. I have new and better attitude now. I want to learn Italian and it is my own decision because no one isn't going to make me do it but I.

Today I already listen about ½ hour Italian and I at least understood what was the subject they were talking. I also read couple pages from easy Italian reader and I understood it easily.

I'll go study now so I could achieve my today's goals.

elegia
Diglot
Pro Member
Finland
Joined 6567 days ago

26 posts - 26 votes
Personal Language Map

Message 20 of 30
18 May 2008 at 5:29pm | IP Logged 
I almost reviewed all grammar. I only missed two lessons because I believe that I don't learn anything when I am tired. And after work I am really tired. I also studied dialogs from lesson 6 (that is the next lesson). I understood dialogs easily and I only looked couple words from dictionary.

Today I read the rest of the grammar and dialogs. It isn't very much so I try to do more tomorrow.

elegia
Diglot
Pro Member
Finland
Joined 6567 days ago

26 posts - 26 votes
Personal Language Map

Message 21 of 30
19 May 2008 at 5:04pm | IP Logged 
Today I listened Italian tv about an hour but it was more like background noise and I wasn't paying attention to it. But when I did listen it I actually understood what they were talking about.

I also studied the grammar from lesson 6 and tomorrow I am going to do the exercises. And hopefully something more.

elegia
Diglot
Pro Member
Finland
Joined 6567 days ago

26 posts - 26 votes
Personal Language Map

Message 22 of 30
20 May 2008 at 5:32pm | IP Logged 
Today I listened about an hour Italian tv. But it was still just background music. I tried to concentrate to it and I noticed that I knew what they were talking about. I have really weak background with Spanish but I feel how it help me sometimes. And also confuses me.

I went to work tonight and then I watched Eurovisions so I wasn't as hard-working as I could have been. However my excuse is that I was so stunned that we get into finals. I liked the lyrics and the music but I didn't actually believe that we would make it.

After Eurovisions I reviewed grammar and started lesson 6 exercises. I did about half of them. I do the rest of them tomorrow and translate dialogs from lesson 7. I hope I have time to read my easy reader and watch Italian tv.

Study summary:
Listening: 1 hour
Grammar: ½ hour
Text: ½ hour

elegia
Diglot
Pro Member
Finland
Joined 6567 days ago

26 posts - 26 votes
Personal Language Map

Message 23 of 30
22 May 2008 at 3:02am | IP Logged 
Study summary (21.5.)
Reading my Italian easy reader: 10 minutes

It was my day off so I thought that I could have done more. Today I have to go to work but I am so much more motivated. I am generally much more motivated when I have to go work and I wonder why. Maybe it has something to do with a fact that I have less time when I work and I don't think that I can study later.

Now I am listening Italian internet tv. Only good one I have found is RAI News and I was wondering how good Italian are they talking. It sounds good but I wander if it is mainstream Italian or dialect. If somebody know please tell me.

Leopejo
Bilingual Triglot
Italy
Joined 6052 days ago

675 posts - 724 votes 
Speaks: Italian*, Finnish*, English
Studies: French, Russian

Message 24 of 30
22 May 2008 at 3:10am | IP Logged 
elegia wrote:
Now I am listening Italian internet tv. Only good one I have found is RAI News and I was wondering how good Italian are they talking. It sounds good but I wander if it is mainstream Italian or dialect. If somebody know please tell me.

(Based on what I see on Rai3 in the early morning) Rai News 24 should be just Italian. Keep in mind that most Italian people, even newsanchors, keep some of their local accent.

EDIT: I don't know if the satellite Rai News 24 is the same as your internet tv. By the way, I recall having seen links for Italian podcasts on this forum. On www.rai.it there also are many available old TV and radio programs.

Edited by Leopejo on 22 May 2008 at 3:13am

This discussion contains 30 messages over 4 pages: << Prev 1 24  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version