Groupie
United Kingdom
Joined 6082 days ago

53 posts - 55 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: German, French, Persian

Message 1 of 5
08 May 2008 at 8:58am | IP Logged 
OK - so I aim to complete FSI French Volume II by the 22nd July - this means about 1 hour a day. Then I will be moving to Paris for the whole summer (until mid September).
For German, I have ordered "German Quickly" by Wilson, which is a grammar with exercises for reading German. I will be doing this alongside my French (aim for about half an hour a day). I will carry on my German study whilst I am in Paris (it is the only non-French time I will have). I will also be starting FSI German Volume I today. By September, I plan to either start Persian or Spanish - more news on this after the summer.
1 person has voted this message useful

tjw
Groupie
United Kingdom
Joined 6082 days ago

53 posts - 55 votes 

Message 2 of 5
08 May 2008 at 5:03pm | IP Logged 
So today I spent 4 hours on study.
I completed Unit 12 of French FSI (2 hours) to review Volume 1. Then I did tapes 1 and 2 of Unit 13 (1 hour). For German, I started FSI German, and did it for 1 hour.
So all in all 4 hours of FSI.

tjw
Groupie
United Kingdom
Joined 6082 days ago

53 posts - 55 votes 

Message 3 of 5
10 May 2008 at 6:15am | IP Logged 
I didn't have time to write yesterday, but I finished Tape 5 Unit 13 of FSI French (1 1/2 hours spent). I also watched episode 30 of French in Action. I didn't do any German, I think I will wait until my book arrives. However, I did spend one hour on easypersian.com, reminding myself of the alphabet and learning some key verbs and the subject pronouns.

tjw
Groupie
United Kingdom
Joined 6082 days ago

53 posts - 55 votes 

Message 4 of 5
11 May 2008 at 2:59pm | IP Logged 
Well yesterday I spent the whole day on French (12:00 - 19:00). I finished FSI Unit 13, but the most of my time was spent using the recently discovered L-R method with Camus' L'Etranger. I found the French text online for free, and you can obtain for free a great audio track of Camus himself reading the work on dailymotion.com - the audio is split into 14 fifteen minute sections. I also watched episode 31 and 32 of French in Action. I did a little more flirting with Persian as well (half an hour max). Today, from 10.30 until now (20.44) (with occasional short breaks) I have been doing L-R again with Camus. It is a really fantastic method and I would recommend it to all.
Until tomorrow!
t.

tjw
Groupie
United Kingdom
Joined 6082 days ago

53 posts - 55 votes 

Message 5 of 5
13 May 2008 at 6:14am | IP Logged 
Yesterday I watched 2 episodes of French in Action, and spent 4 hours L-Ring with Camus. I got the old Teach Yourself Modern Persian from the library and did the first 3 lessons. I am still waiting for my German Quickly (German Slowly...) book to arrive. I also started reading Balzac's Old Goriot in English for eventual L-Ring after i'm done with Camus and the Little Prince. I haven't started for today yet, and it is midday already. Anyway, enough procrastinating.
Till tomorrow!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version