farrioth
New Zealand
Joined 6033 days ago

171 posts - 173 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Russian, Esperanto, Sanskrit, Japanese

Message 1 of 2
26 April 2008 at 11:13pm | IP Logged 
Essentially, I'm writing this post to tell myself off for my slackness in language learning, but also so that others can learn from my mistakes.

I had been studying Japanese and Russian on my own since around the end of last year, and I have recently begun studying them at university this semester.

When I was studying on my own, my primary resource was the Pimsleur lessons, which work well for me. I progressed to level twenty-something in both languages and managed to fit a lesson in every couple of days. However when I became busier with university, I kpet putting these off and I went nearly a month without doing any (although I was still keeping up with my other language study (well, homework)).

When I resumed these lessons, I found that I had made a big regression, and had to spend some time getting back to where I was again. From now on, I intend to keep the lessons up more frequently. I shall document my progress here, so that someone else can tell me off if I'm slack again.

Today I did lesson 27 of Pimsleur Japanese 1.
1 person has voted this message useful

farrioth
New Zealand
Joined 6033 days ago

171 posts - 173 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Russian, Esperanto, Sanskrit, Japanese

Message 2 of 2
29 April 2008 at 3:26am | IP Logged 
Update: I'm joning the Total Annihilation Challenge, so updates will be in my log here.
1 person has voted this message useful

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version