12 messages over 2 pages: 1
Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6540 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 9 of 12
02 May 2008 at 2:31pm | IP Logged 
Damn it. These sound absolutely correct. Maybe it's something like that тоже should come before the verb? like if you add the verb to these sentences they'll sound like:
Я тебя люблю, ты меня тоже любишь.
Белье было грязное и рваное; верхняя одежда тоже была грязная и рваная.

But она еще одна тоже есть sounds strange, она еще тоже есть одна is better..... I don't know really, it's possible that the actual rule is very different...or even non-existant :/

The partitive is the case with the endings -a, -ta or -tta, e.g.:
Juo vettä. - Выпей воды. (according to wikipedia this is sometimes called partitive or "second genitive" in Russian)
En ole lukenut tätä kirjaa. - Я не читал этой книги.

Note that sometimes the genitive is not used even though there's negation... I believe it even depends on the speaker whether it's used or not. I've noticed I myself always use it though, because of Finnish - and I've never been taken for a non-native speaker of Russian due to that :D Still, I once had "не испытать этого чувства" marked as grammar mistake in a composition (I don't remember which feeling it was about, but probably love:D).
1 person has voted this message useful

Leopejo
Bilingual Triglot
Italy
Joined 6052 days ago

675 posts - 724 votes 
Speaks: Italian*, Finnish*, English
Studies: French, Russian

Message 10 of 12
05 May 2008 at 8:47am | IP Logged 
Without internet at home, a quick update:

I'm listening-reading (and listening, and reading) Le Petit Prince... two at the price of one and a half:

I have never studied French, but I understand it. I have studied Russian, but don't understand it. Thus, L-R, sometimes Italian is my L1 and French my L2, sometimes French my L1 and Russian my L2. Many years have passed since I last read it, and I understand it differently. Still very moving.

I can't report yet on the efficacy of Listening - Reading: apart from its motivational value! I had always avoided audiobooks: "they are for those who are too lazy to read", I though. After all, a good book is always a deeper experience than the movie it inspired. Instead, listening - or listening and reading at the same time - an audiobook, is a stronger, deeper, more moving experience than I thought. And if it is in a foreign language, it really gives more motivation to learn that language.

In addition I spent much time learning handwriting. For personal reasons, I want to learn it well - better than my Latin alphabet handwriting. For this reason, the normal alphabet table you find on textbook was not enough; instead, I downloaded and printed the exercise book Russian children use at (pre-?) school. It's nice to feel a little child once again :-D

Oh, and I started Assimil. A very nice course. I spent most of the time copying the dialogues to exercise my handwriting, which was quite boring. And the first lessons were quite a shock with their exaggeratedly slow pronunciation - a good idea for absolute beginners, a bit annoying for "more advanced" beginners. But that's for just a few lessons :-)

Leopejo
Bilingual Triglot
Italy
Joined 6052 days ago

675 posts - 724 votes 
Speaks: Italian*, Finnish*, English
Studies: French, Russian

Message 11 of 12
08 May 2008 at 5:38am | IP Logged 
Update: one week

In one word: nothing.

In one sentence: nothing, apart from what I wrote in my previous posts above.

Explanation: there are days in life when you have other things in your mind.

Challenge to the other TAC-ers: do you remember that tale about a turtle and a hare? ;-)

Edited by Leopejo on 08 May 2008 at 5:38am

Volte
Tetraglot
Switzerland
Joined 6382 days ago

4474 posts - 6726 votes 
Speaks: English*, Esperanto, German, Italian
Studies: French, Finnish, Mandarin, Japanese

Message 12 of 12
08 May 2008 at 6:01am | IP Logged 
Leopejo wrote:
Update: one week

In one word: nothing.

In one sentence: nothing, apart from what I wrote in my previous posts above.

Explanation: there are days in life when you have other things in your mind.

Challenge to the other TAC-ers: do you remember that tale about a turtle and a hare? ;-)

Yes, so I'm trying to be a hare during TAC; maybe I'll resort to turtlehood after ;-)

More seriously, though, that happens. Good luck, both in general and with resuming your studies!

This discussion contains 12 messages over 2 pages: << Prev 1

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version