9 messages over 2 pages: 1
stola
United Kingdom
Joined 6094 days ago

11 posts - 11 votes
Studies: Spanish

Message 9 of 9
27 April 2008 at 4:38am | IP Logged 
Over a month since I last posted, so what has happened? – My Spanish class has been cancelled for this term. I am really dissappointed about this but not surprised as numbers had dropped with many people planning to spend the summer months travelling. I will probably reenrol in September if we are still in the area.

Study wise I thought I was doing really well until I realised that I was spending more time planning what to do and trying to find my perfect method than getting on with it, procrastinating. I have a good range of resources now but it has meant that I was flitting from one thing to another which I think would be fine if I was more advanced but for now I really ought to knuckle down and focus on one course. So I have taken two weeks break (I was also feeling a bit brain dead with Spanish) which has left me really wanting to get on with it again. I feel almost addicted to studying which has taken me pleasantly by surprise.

I have decided to start studying a third language to give me downtime from Spanish whilst keeping up the routine of daily working. I am interested in French and Italian but have decided on German as it has quite a different feel. I started learning this at school but havn’t looked at the language now for 15 years so it will be nice to give it a fresh start. I will be using linguaphone as this is the only study course I have for German. However Spanish will still be my main focus, German is merely for when I need a change of pace so I don’t expect to make rapid progress.

Back to Spanish I have decided to put most of my materials into storage apart from Pasos which I had been using in class. I quite like this course and only ignored it at home because it was my class textbook. With no class now there will be no duplication of work so I fancy getting through it. We are planning to move soon so I need to cut down on the number of language resources currently dotted around the house anyway.

I am looking at getting a PDA for flashcards. I prefer the idea of paper but… my toddler has found them a couple of times now and the result wasn’t pretty. I’ve tried using software on the computer but I then get distracted and can waste hours.

1 person has voted this message useful

This discussion contains 9 messages over 2 pages: << Prev 1

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version