bluejay390
United StatesRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 6221 days ago

227 posts - 259 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Spanish, Mandarin, Japanese, Malay, Italian

Message 1 of 5
16 February 2008 at 8:32pm | IP Logged 
This will be my language log where I can record my progress and thoughts about the languages that I am learning. I am not learning Chinese at this moment because I want to study Malay, Spanish, and German. Mandarin needs a lot of attention and right now I don't have the time to study the language. Maybe in the summer I will learn Mandarin again.

Today I reviewed some Malay words and added new words to anki. Then I reviewed a little German.

----------

Ini languge log aku mana aku boleh tulis kemajuan aku dan fikiran aku tentang bahasa-bahasa yang aku sedang belajar. Aku tak sedang belajar bahasa Cina saat ini kerana aku nak mempelajari bahasa Melayu, bahasa Sepanyol, dan bahasa Jerman. Bahasa Cina perlu perhatian banyak dan sekarang aku tak ada masa mempelajari bahasa. Agaknya pada musim panas aku akan belajar bahasa Cina lagi.

Hari ini aku sudah mengulas perkataan-perkataan Melayu dan sudah membubuhi perkataan-perkataan baru pada Anki. Berikutan aku sudah mengulas bahasa Jerman sedikit.

Edited by bluejay390 on 04 April 2008 at 11:17am

1 person has voted this message useful

bluejay390
Joined 6221 days ago

227 posts - 259 votes 

Message 2 of 5
16 March 2008 at 6:06pm | IP Logged 
I want to know if MySpace can help me learn languages. So, I have transformed my MySpace. I will write in MySpace in Malay, German, and Spanish.

Malay - I need to get some audio books in Malay. I can find audio books in Spanish and German but not Malay. Does anyone know where I can find audio books in Malay?

Spanish - I need to read more. I told myself that I would read a little in Spanish everyday, but so far I have only read a little. I have a lot of interesting audio books, and fanfiction to read. ...ok! I will read a little bit of Spanish everyday!

German - I did a little with German but not much since that one week challenge. :( I need to do more with this language.

-------------------------------

Aku nak tahu jika MySpace boleh menolong aku belajar bahasa-bahasa. Aku akan tulis pada MySpace pada bahasa Melayu, bahasa Jerman, dan bahasa Sepanyol. Aku nak menjumpai sahabat banyak di sekeliling dunia.

Bahasa Melayu - Aku perlu dapat buku-buku audio pada bahasa Melayu. Aku boleh menjumpai buku-buku audio pada bahasa Sepanyol dan bahasa Jerman tetapi tak pada bahasa Melayu. Anda tahu mana aku jumpa buku-buku audio?

Bahasa Sepanyol - Aku perlu membaca sekeliling. Aku sedang cakap yang aku akan baca buku Sepanyol tiap-tiap hari, tetapi aku sedang baca sedikit. Aku ada buku audio interesting banyak dan fanfiction membaca. ...ok! Aku akan baca sedikit tiap-tiap hari!

Bahasa Jerman - Aku sudah buat amat sedikit dengan bahasa Jerman. :( Aku perlu membuat lebih dengan ia.

Edited by bluejay390 on 16 March 2008 at 8:48pm

bluejay390
Joined 6221 days ago

227 posts - 259 votes 

Message 3 of 5
04 April 2008 at 11:20am | IP Logged 
Spanish - I started shadowing some text. At first it felt kind of weird and I just couldn’t speak with the audio, but now I think I’m getting the hang of it. :) I also started looking up words from the text and making flashcards. I am using homemade flashcards now instead of a computer program so that I can bring my flashcards everywhere with me. I’ve realized that I have a lot of free time during school where I could just pull out some flashcards and study.

Also, I have been translating a few songs from Spanish to English and recording new vocabulary words.

Malay - I haven’t done much except translate a few songs from Malay to English. I did find an interesting sounding Malay book online. The only problem is that it’s not an audio book. Maybe I’ll record myself reading it and upload it here.

German - I’ve only done a little with this language. I gave up on FSI for now (I might go back to it during the summer) and I am now listening to German-podcast. I’ve completed up to lesson 4 now. I am going to try and do a lesson a day. So far I really like this podcast. :)

bluejay390
Joined 6221 days ago

227 posts - 259 votes 

Message 4 of 5
20 April 2008 at 1:58pm | IP Logged 
I meant to post this a few days ago. :p

It’s too time-consuming to make my own flashcards so I have once again gone back to computer made flashcards. The only downside is that I cannot take my flashcards with me, and even though I write down everything in my pretty pink language notebook, I cannot just pull that out in the middle of class. With my flashcards I could sort of hide them a little and study when the class is doing individual work and the teacher is helping out other students. So it’s back to computer flashcards, which are great. I love Anki so it’s no big problem.

Malay: The book that I found is actually an Indonesian book. I have not gotten really far in it but the cover and plot seems really interested. My concern is this: will reading and taking vocabulary words from this book harm my Malay studies? Are the languages so different that I should just stop reading this book, or will it not have a significant effect?

Spanish: Still shadowing and writing down new vocabulary.

German: My plan was to complete one podcast a day but since my last update I have only gotten to lesson 8.

ryuukohito
Bilingual Diglot
Groupie
Malaysia
Joined 6179 days ago

89 posts - 98 votes 
Speaks: EnglishC2*, Malay*
Studies: French, Japanese

Message 5 of 5
20 April 2008 at 8:50pm | IP Logged 
Dear bluejay390,

Long time no hear. Feel free to message or email me if you need help with Malay!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version