18 messages over 3 pages: 13  Next >>
Zhuangzi
Nonaglot
Language Program Publisher
Canada
lingq.com
Joined 6971 days ago

646 posts - 688 votes 
Speaks: English*, French, Japanese, Swedish, Mandarin, Cantonese, German, Italian, Spanish
Studies: Russian

Message 9 of 18
15 January 2008 at 3:09pm | IP Logged 
lloydkirk wrote:
I wouldn't recommend French Canadian Radio. The differences between Standard and Canadian French are enough to cause confusion in the tender mind of a beginning student.

http://www.rfi.fr/radiofr/statiques/journauxFrancaisFacile.a sp

Are you familiar the French in Action videos? If not, google it, they're free.

The above link is radio france international. They have a daily updated news transcript in simple French with the recording.

I think that much of the French on Radio Canada is pretty standard in terms of syntax and word usage. The accent may be different but I would not rule it our for that reason. The main problem with the RCI site is that there is no transcript. The availability of transcripts is key.

I think it is useful to be able to understand the various forms of French, just as the case with other languages.

1 person has voted this message useful

ikinaridango
Triglot
Groupie
United Kingdom
Joined 6068 days ago

61 posts - 80 votes 
Speaks: English*, Japanese, Italian
Studies: German, Polish

Message 10 of 18
03 March 2008 at 5:03pm | IP Logged 
fanatic wrote:
You can get audio of the entire Assimil French course here and it will last you several hours of just French with no English commentary or instructions.

This is fantastic resource, fanatic, thank you. Does anybody know if the audio for the Assimil Using French series is similarly available?

BGreco
Joined 6336 days ago

211 posts - 222 votes 
3 sounds
Speaks: English*
Studies: French, Spanish

Message 11 of 18
03 March 2008 at 5:48pm | IP Logged 
Using French Audio:

http://rapidshare.com/files/12062131/A_-_FEP_-_A_1_.rar.html
http://rapidshare.com/files/12063891/A_-_FEP_-_A_2_.rar.html

Edited by BGreco on 03 March 2008 at 10:25pm

vanityx3
Diglot
United States
Joined 6404 days ago

331 posts - 326 votes 
1 sounds
Speaks: English*, French
Studies: Spanish, Japanese

Message 12 of 18
03 March 2008 at 7:01pm | IP Logged 
I would hope those links aren't deleted. I don't see a problem with it, it really isn't no different from downloading Assimil from the russian site, and their is always someone who may benifit from it.

ikinaridango
Triglot
Groupie
United Kingdom
Joined 6068 days ago

61 posts - 80 votes 
Speaks: English*, Japanese, Italian
Studies: German, Polish

Message 13 of 18
03 March 2008 at 10:14pm | IP Logged 
Thank you very much, BGreco.

vanityx3, I agree with you wholeheartedly. I'm sure that many users will find BGreco's links invaluable.

BGreco
Joined 6336 days ago

211 posts - 222 votes 
3 sounds
Studies: French, Spanish

Message 14 of 18
03 March 2008 at 10:26pm | IP Logged 
Anyone have the Using French text?

Sulis
Groupie
United Kingdom
Joined 6394 days ago

60 posts - 66 votes 
Studies: French

Message 15 of 18
04 March 2008 at 11:33am | IP Logged 
Thank you so much BGreco, for the Using French audio! That will be extremely useful for me. I, too, would be interested in the text for this course, if anybody has it.

ziedariana
Tetraglot
United States
Joined 6140 days ago

19 posts - 28 votes
Speaks: English, Arabic (Written)*, French, Italian
Studies: Spanish

Message 16 of 18
04 March 2008 at 4:11pm | IP Logged 
vanityx3 wrote:
Hey everyone. I'm wanting to make myself a mini french immersion for myself just so I'm exposed to French for at least 6 hours a day even if it is only passively.

I'm wanting to find like auidobooks on mp3 or anything I can download and listen to that is longer than 1 minute, but I'm having trouble finding French audio I can listen too that is of a good length. Does anyone know of any websites where I can find french audio, (books or other things in mp3)?

There is a plethora of French audiovisual material on the net. I personally prefer the Metropolitan (standard) French. I watch live streaming on the new kids on the block BFMtv and France24. I also watch recorded news and documentaries posted on TF1, LCI and the public French television network "France Television", such as France2/France3/France5. When I'm on the go, I download French podcasts from Europe1. Last but not least you can watch your DVD's in the French dubbed versions. There is a lot of stuff out there, to do a "Mini immersion" session.

You have a lot of options to practice your French: Getting in touch with the francophone African and/or Canadian community. Participating in live discussions in French on Skype. Subscribing to the French speaking channel TV5 through your cable or satellite company for $10 a month.

Edited by ziedariana on 04 March 2008 at 4:27pm

This discussion contains 18 messages over 3 pages: << Prev 13  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version