BelgoHead
Belgium
Joined 6246 days ago

120 posts - 119 votes 
Studies: French, English*
Studies: Esperanto

Message 1 of 15
15 February 2008 at 9:01pm | IP Logged 
I know i said originally in the one week challenge thread that i would be starting Spanish, but i followed my heart and went with Italian.

I was/am inspired by the other one week challenge threads and i'm happy that i've started my own one week challenge later on so that i have other peoples
1 week challenge threads to learn from. I would like to say i was particulary inspired by Apparitions thread 1 week of Turkish. I was absoloutely impressed with his progress more so becaus he choose a non indo-european language and stayed at it all the way through. Congratulations! I hope i can do the same with Italian.

My materials are.

Pimseleur Italian

10 lessons of simon & Shustlers Beginers Italian(All Audio)

Italian for dummies

501 Italian Verbs

and finally Italian made easy(i think thats what its called, i dont have it with me at the moment)

I haven't found any particulary outstanding internet resources save for
MangoLanguages.com which comes completely with 100 free lessons for several languages including Italian.

I hope to finish atleast to lesson 50 before the week is up. I know i know its not monday but i will go till 7 days is up. so by next saturday my intensive studying will be at end.

I will commence studying tommorow, i will try and get an idea how i will structure my day tommorow so as to be prepared for this manner of studying.

I hope to have a firm understanding of the basics of Italian and Italian conversation by the end of this week.

Also i hope i will develop good study habits which will extend their benfit into all aspects of my life not just language learning.

Wish me good luck, i start tommorow! I will try and give lots of details to my progress so that i have a good idea as to what i have written. who knows after the week is done i might keep writing in this log.

Edited by BelgoHead on 15 February 2008 at 9:03pm

1 person has voted this message useful

tobagatin
Triglot
Croatia
Joined 6075 days ago

11 posts - 29 votes
Speaks: Croatian*, English, French
Studies: Italian, Russian

Message 2 of 15
16 February 2008 at 4:14am | IP Logged 
I have also decided to give a try to my Italian in a week period, so I have in front of me Cent'anni di solitudine from Marquez that I have already read some years ago in croatian two times. I was starting to learn Italian at least five times in my life, but the last time when I was using it was ten years ago, so I have forgotten it almost all. Now I want to see if is it possible to refresh a memory from a ten year standstill (although I have a very good foundation from a previous study, and from learning latin and french) and to became able speaker in just a week. Also I tend to practice it every day with a friend, so we will see in a week my progression....

BelgoHead
Belgium
Joined 6246 days ago

120 posts - 119 votes 

Message 3 of 15
16 February 2008 at 3:53pm | IP Logged 
Good luck with Italian aswell Tobagatin!!!

Note: I was interupted early today and my studies had to be suspended, i officially will start the one week challenge tommorow. I have planned ahead to make sure there are no more interuptions.

BelgoHead
Belgium
Joined 6246 days ago

120 posts - 119 votes 

Message 4 of 15
17 February 2008 at 10:41pm | IP Logged 
Today i got a couple horus of study in. I was distracted easily and became frustrated, only now do i realise its because i didnt schedule myself well enough nor did i implement any time management into the study. I will remember that for tommorow.

Before i go to bed i will listen to a couple lessons of audio pimseleur.

tobagatin
Triglot
Croatia
Joined 6075 days ago

11 posts - 29 votes
Speaks: Croatian*, English, French
Studies: Italian, Russian

Message 5 of 15
18 February 2008 at 4:29am | IP Logged 
well, maybe I will postpone my Italian for a week or two because I was thinking about some advices from the Troll known as atamagaiiabout reading and listening in the same time and I wasn't able to find cent'anni di solitudine as an audiobook. Although I was studying for several hours, I have decided to abandon it for now.Instead, I started one week project with russian with bulgakov for which I have everything prepared, so I am in my second day: results are promising. For Italian, if someone has audiolibro :cent'anni di solitudine...

BelgoHead
Belgium
Joined 6246 days ago

120 posts - 119 votes 

Message 6 of 15
18 February 2008 at 4:33pm | IP Logged 
Tobagatin i wish you good luck with your russian. Perhaps you would consider making a language learning log,I would love to read your progress in Russian. Try googling project gutenberg they have lots of audio books(in several languages) although im not sure if any come along with texts.

Italian note: The day is not done yet but i have had thus far very good results. Yesterday i felt frustrated the verbs which i was learning were not coming to me very well and i struggled with the conjugation but today i have down about 10-11 verbs and they now come easily when i try to right them down. Amazing,it must all have sunk into my head while i slept the other night, I dont know. Also with Pimseleur its qutie a success aswell. When i was listening to the Pimseleur CD, my mind started drifting and i discovered i wasn't paying attention to the text but i still understood everything i heard!! I was quite surprised i will post more later today.

BelgoHead
Belgium
Joined 6246 days ago

120 posts - 119 votes 

Message 7 of 15
20 February 2008 at 12:06am | IP Logged 
Today i mostly just reviewed the verbs. I realy have to get my act together.

BelgoHead
Belgium
Joined 6246 days ago

120 posts - 119 votes 

Message 8 of 15
29 February 2008 at 1:50pm | IP Logged 
Ya well i failed pretty bad at t he one week challenge however i am getting organized and i am spending atleast an hour a day studying...

This discussion contains 15 messages over 2 pages: 2  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version