profile.to/estellewe
Joined 6389 days ago

29 posts - 28 votes
1 sounds
Speaks: English*
Studies: Italian, French

Message 1 of 2
26 February 2008 at 7:42am | IP Logged 
Goodness me, it's been 7 months since I last posted an entry into this logbook, I never was any good at keeping diaries!

Anyway, here's the story so far. I started my beginner's course in Italian with the Open University at the beginning of November last year. I have done two tma's (tutor marked assessments) so far, and was both amazed and very pleased to get 93% for the first one, and 95% for the second. I sent the third one in last night through email, but I am not nearly as confident of getting such a good score this time. The reason being is that I had to use reflexive verbs to describe 'a typical day.' Reflexive verbs have me baffled, and I find that this is one area of Italian on which I need to concentrate the most.

I have now re-started my Assimil with ease from the very beginning, after not getting too far with it last year. I am, however, finding myself getting impatient at only doing the recommended one lesson a day, and have been doing two or even three. Once I get to lesson 10 i'll start going back to the recommended one lesson a day - patience has never been my virtue!

I shall post on here when I receive the results for the latest tma, but I am not holding my breath for a fantastic score!

1 person has voted this message useful

gingermidget
United Kingdom
profile.to/estellewe
Joined 6389 days ago

29 posts - 28 votes
1 sounds
Speaks: English*
Studies: Italian, French

Message 2 of 2
12 March 2008 at 4:34am | IP Logged 
Got the results through for my third tma - 84%. It's a good score, but as I thought it was the reflexive verbs that let me down. I did well in the speaking part of the assessment, and was happy to hear that my tutor thought my accent and pronunciation sounded natural. I really need to get more practice in for those reflexive verbs, as well as trying to get my head round the perfect (passato prossimo) tense.

1 person has voted this message useful

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version