United States
luelinks.netRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 6482 days ago

179 posts - 186 votes 
Speaks: French*, English*, SpanishB2
Studies: Korean

Message 1 of 1
08 April 2008 at 11:22am | IP Logged 
So, I got a scholarship from my school to study Korean for 10 weeks at Ewha University this summer. I'll end up having to pay some 300 dollars of my own money, but it still seems largely worth it. I'll be having class at the Ewha Language Center for 4 hours a day, mon-fri, and I hope in so doing that I will prepare as best I can the start of my next academic year...which will also be at Ewha.

So it's all about sustained and (finally) formal Korean study for this next calendar year, which I'm really looking forward to.
On that point, I wanted to know how much I can expect to improve my Korean? Currently I've studied by myself and have the equivalent of a little less than two years of university level study in Korean; I would still consider myself something of a beginner, but I can get the gist of the more complex sentences a little easier. How much do you think this plan of study (10 week intensive program + 1 academic year of 'regular' language classes) will help my Korean? I'm really bad at estimating, that's why I'm asking. I would really like to be able, in my senior year back in the United States, to take a Korean culture conversation class, but I'm not sure how well I'll be able to get along...any thoughts?

1 person has voted this message useful

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version