Trilingual Heptaglot
Italy
Joined 6987 days ago

199 posts - 218 votes 
Speaks: Croatian*, Serbian*, Russian*, English, Italian, Latin, Ancient Greek
Studies: Greek, French, Hungarian

Message 17 of 22
07 September 2007 at 2:42pm | IP Logged 
Ајме, НЕ. Ако постоји нешто што Вам од срца не препоручам да слушате, то су такозвани народњаци, турбофолк и подоста популарне песме које произлазе из тих типова музике. Премда популарне, имајте на уму где и у којим друштвима се тачно слуша тај тип музике - уверавам Вас да је турбофолк првенствено повезан с - како да то кажем "дипломатски" - ширим масама, обрачунима и тучњавама у типичним народњачким клубовима и иним местима тог типа. Премда музика често постиже становит ефект на људе - биће да је због тог источњачког духа и ритма - текстови су најчешће катастрофални, те тако смешни да с времена на време граниче са чистом глупошћу (чему се ја и другови волимо смејати у слободно време - замислите песму са стиховима "једва чекам да са'раним мајку, па да у кућу доведем Рајку").
Ако већ и волите Цецу, Лепу Брену, Секу Алексић и ине извођаче тог типа, од срца Вам препоручам да ту своју страст у иоле образованијим и "вишим" круговима задржите за себе, јер ћете у противном можда да будете суочени с немалом дозом директног или индиректног подсмеха.

Бијело дугме је легендарна група са многим познатим песмама, драго ми је да Вам се свиђају. Има сличних музичких састава, па и модерније глазбе, али нажалост ја слабо слушам србијанску музику (далеко више слушам хрватску и босанску) тако да Вам не бих могла саветовати конкретна имена.

Али тако ми Бога, преклињем Вас, за Ваше добро, да се клоните турбофолка.

EDIT: Forgot to translate in English, so here it is:

Oh, NO. If there is something which I sincerelys do not recommend you to listen to, that are the so-called народњаци, турбофолк and quite popular songs which come from those genres of music. Even though popular, have in mind where and in which circles are those types of music precisely listened to - I assure you that turbofolk is predominately connected with - how to say it in "diplomatic" manner - masses, fights in typical turbofolk clubs and other places of the kind. Even though the music usually has a kind of effect on people - probably due to that Eastern spirit and rhytm - the texts are usually catastrophic, and so laughable that from time to time they boarder pure stupidity (which me and my friends like to laugh at in our free time - imagine a song with lines "I cannot wait to bury my mother so that I can bring Rajka to my house").
If you like Ceca, Lepa Brena, Seka Aleksić and other artists of the kind, I sincerely advise you to keep for yourself that passion of yours in any remotely educated or "higher" circles of society, otherwise you might be confronted with not so little doses of - direct or indirect - scorn.

Bijelo dugme is a legendary group with many known songs, I am glad you like them. There are similar bands, even of modern music, but unfortunately I don't really listen to Serbian music (I am far more into Croatian and Bosnian) so I cannot advise you concerete names.

But, in the name of God, I beseech you, for your own good, stay away from turbofolk.

Edited by winters on 07 September 2007 at 2:50pm

1 person has voted this message useful

winters
Trilingual Heptaglot
Italy
Joined 6987 days ago

199 posts - 218 votes 
Speaks: Croatian*, Serbian*, Russian*, English, Italian, Latin, Ancient Greek
Studies: Greek, French, Hungarian

Message 18 of 22
07 September 2007 at 3:14pm | IP Logged 
http://forum.bihnet.ba/showthread.php?s=6d894e479ad66c4a846f 088653b9632d&t=32276

This is a thread one one Bosnian forum, called "The pearls of turbofolk", or, in free translation, the most laughable lines from turbofolk songs. You might wish to read some of that stupidity. Most of it is far below the standard of this forum, and the intellectual level our fellow members here are on, but a couple of representative examples:

Kuce laje, a ja mislim ti si, otis'o si sarmu probo nisi!
(A dog is barking and I think it's you, you left without having tried sarma [=a kind of meal].)
Nemoj da places na mom pragu da mi vrata ne povuku vlagu!
(Don't cry on my doorstep so that the door don't let the umidity in.)
Pijem vino i rakiju vrucu i ne mislim na traktor i kucu. Sta ce meni vencanje i zena kad sa tudjom zivim bez problema!
(I drink wine and hot rakija [=a type of alcoholic drink], and I don't think about tractor and a house. Why would I need a wedding and a woman, when I live with another person's woman without problems!)
Dva losa ubise Milosa, a mene ce jedan sto mu zenu gledam!
(Two bad guys killed Milos [=a saying], and one shall kill me because I look his wife.)
Necu da ljubim jednu ili dve, ja sam covek za devojke sve!
(I don't want to love/kiss one or two [girls], I'm a man for all girls.)
Ja stari lisac a ti maloletna, zato je ova nasa pesma setna (...) Tri godine robije zbog tebe da dobijem.
(I am old fox, and you are under age [girl], that's why this our song is melancholic (...) Three years of prison to get because of you!)

I mean, seriously... *rolleyes* Read those lines before you decide to listen to this kind of music, especially if you don't speak the language very well. You don't want to get such lines subconsciously to your brain (not to mention I translated the most polite of the ones in the thread).

Lazybones
Joined 6519 days ago

14 posts - 14 votes

Message 19 of 22
08 September 2007 at 6:39pm | IP Logged 
Taiga, I particularly like "Bitanga I Princeza".

Taiga
Diglot
Groupie
Australia
Joined 6253 days ago

81 posts - 85 votes 
5 sounds
Speaks: English, Spanish
Studies: Russian, Serbo-Croatian

Message 20 of 22
09 September 2007 at 6:27pm | IP Logged 
Here are some Recommended songs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reFyxAqA7V4
Zeljko Samardzic -- 9000 metara

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfyVc8QQHHw
Bijelo Dugme -- Djurdjevdan (St George Day)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrFev-svdgI
Ceca -- Gore Od Ljubavi ( FIre of love/kisses)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOkElu5tWU4
Zeljko Joksimovic -- Lane Moje

Lazybones
Joined 6519 days ago

14 posts - 14 votes

Message 21 of 22
13 September 2007 at 3:25pm | IP Logged 
thanks again, Taiga.

delija
Diglot
Yugoslavia
Joined 6370 days ago

7 posts - 7 votes
Speaks: Serbian*, English

Message 22 of 22
22 January 2008 at 1:09pm | IP Logged 
winters wrote:
Ајме, НЕ. Ако постоји нешто што Вам од срца не препоручам да слушате, то су такозвани народњаци, турбофолк и подоста популарне песме које произлазе из тих типова музике. Премда популарне, имајте на уму где и у којим друштвима се тачно слуша тај тип музике - уверавам Вас да је турбофолк првенствено повезан с - како да то кажем "дипломатски" - ширим масама, обрачунима и тучњавама у типичним народњачким клубовима и иним местима тог типа. Премда музика често постиже становит ефект на људе - биће да је због тог источњачког духа и ритма - текстови су најчешће катастрофални, те тако смешни да с времена на време граниче са чистом глупошћу (чему се ја и другови волимо смејати у слободно време - замислите песму са стиховима "једва чекам да са'раним мајку, па да у кућу доведем Рајку").
Ако већ и волите Цецу, Лепу Брену, Секу Алексић и ине извођаче тог типа, од срца Вам препоручам да ту своју страст у иоле образованијим и "вишим" круговима задржите за себе, јер ћете у противном можда да будете суочени с немалом дозом директног или индиректног подсмеха.

Бијело дугме је легендарна група са многим познатим песмама, драго ми је да Вам се свиђају. Има сличних музичких састава, па и модерније глазбе, али нажалост ја слабо слушам србијанску музику (далеко више слушам хрватску и босанску) тако да Вам не бих могла саветовати конкретна имена.

Али тако ми Бога, преклињем Вас, за Ваше добро, да се клоните турбофолка.

EDIT: Forgot to translate in English, so here it is:

Oh, NO. If there is something which I sincerelys do not recommend you to listen to, that are the so-called народњаци, турбофолк and quite popular songs which come from those genres of music. Even though popular, have in mind where and in which circles are those types of music precisely listened to - I assure you that turbofolk is predominately connected with - how to say it in "diplomatic" manner - masses, fights in typical turbofolk clubs and other places of the kind. Even though the music usually has a kind of effect on people - probably due to that Eastern spirit and rhytm - the texts are usually catastrophic, and so laughable that from time to time they boarder pure stupidity (which me and my friends like to laugh at in our free time - imagine a song with lines "I cannot wait to bury my mother so that I can bring Rajka to my house").
If you like Ceca, Lepa Brena, Seka Aleksić and other artists of the kind, I sincerely advise you to keep for yourself that passion of yours in any remotely educated or "higher" circles of society, otherwise you might be confronted with not so little doses of - direct or indirect - scorn.

Bijelo dugme is a legendary group with many known songs, I am glad you like them. There are similar bands, even of modern music, but unfortunately I don't really listen to Serbian music (I am far more into Croatian and Bosnian) so I cannot advise you concerete names.

But, in the name of God, I beseech you, for your own good, stay away from turbofolk.

First, i do not know why are you so harsh on Ceca. She definitely has one of the best voices in the Balkans. Even the lyrics of her songs are not senseless , and i would recommend her songs to everyone. Second i have read that you claim that Serbian is your native language, and that unlike most people you really know Serbian and Croatian separately. Sorry but this what you wrote, is simply cyrillic Croatian.We never never use words like: stanovit, glazba , ini.... So do not please write serbian in this way anymore...

Edited by delija on 22 January 2008 at 1:11pm

This discussion contains 22 messages over 3 pages: << Prev 1 2

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version