Groupie
New ZealandRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 6147 days ago

71 posts - 91 votes 
Speaks: Spanish*, EnglishC2, German, Mandarin, Japanese
Studies: Polish, Swedish, Hungarian, Russian

Message 9 of 13
27 January 2008 at 5:32pm | IP Logged 
Enjoy your break and hope to see you back in the future!
1 person has voted this message useful

apparition
Octoglot
United States
Joined 6593 days ago

600 posts - 667 votes 
Speaks: English*, Arabic (Written), French, Arabic (Iraqi), Portuguese, German, Italian, Spanish
Studies: Pashto

Message 10 of 13
27 January 2008 at 5:57pm | IP Logged 
Iversen wrote:

My single most important issue with this forum is that the multilingual section isn't used far more actively. I have written quite a lot there (and my thanks to those who have written even more), but it is difficult to revive a thread once it has gone into hibernation. Maybe people are just too shy about writing in a language before they are absolutely perfect in it, but I have survived writing in Swedish and Low German which are not even on my language list. Or maybe they don't want to be the first in half a year to write in a certain thread. Never mind, the fact is that most threads in that section either just die ignominously or fizzle out in simple error correction. There is already enough English in the world, so try something else please (... *and now we have reached the final movement).

Unilang.org is a good place for multilingual chat. At least, it's more active...:-)

Iversen
Super Polyglot
Denmark
berejst.dk
Joined 6646 days ago

9078 posts - 16473 votes 
Speaks: Danish*, French, English, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch, Swedish, Esperanto, Romanian, Catalan
Studies: Afrikaans, Greek, Norwegian, Russian, Serbian, Icelandic, Latin, Irish, Lowland Scots, Indonesian, Polish, Croatian
Personal Language Map

Message 11 of 13
28 January 2008 at 7:12am | IP Logged 
I might try out Unilang.org, it looks fairly good

apparition
Octoglot
United States
Joined 6593 days ago

600 posts - 667 votes 
Speaks: English*, Arabic (Written), French, Arabic (Iraqi), Portuguese, German, Italian, Spanish
Studies: Pashto

Message 12 of 13
28 January 2008 at 11:02am | IP Logged 
Iversen wrote:
I might try out Unilang.org, it looks fairly good

Yeah, the quality of discussion about learning techniques, etc., pales in comparison to this site, but there are many active members who are well-educated in other languages and the finer points of grammar, etc. And there are almost always people willing to correct your writing in your target language. Quite a helpful addition to this fine website.

newyorkeric
Diglot
Singapore
Joined 6322 days ago

1598 posts - 2174 votes 
Speaks: English*, Italian
Studies: Mandarin, Malay
Personal Language Map

Message 13 of 13
28 January 2008 at 9:32pm | IP Logged 
I have been using sharedtalk.com quite a bit lately and have found it to be very good. There are chat rooms by language that usually have a number of native speakers in them.

This discussion contains 13 messages over 2 pages: << Prev 1

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version