Diglot
United States
Joined 6329 days ago

110 posts - 115 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish
Studies: Latin, Russian

Message 17 of 19
21 November 2007 at 3:14pm | IP Logged 
Hi. I also just started lesson 50 of the Assimil chinese. Is the "pleco" software available for pocket pc? I currently use supermemo, which I've just using to learn pinyin of chinese words. I would love to begin learning characters, but I really don't want to use something on my computer, such as mnemosyne.
学中文,祝你好运

司马尚(shaun)
1 person has voted this message useful

owshawng
United States
Joined 6829 days ago

202 posts - 217 votes 
Speaks: English*

Message 18 of 19
21 November 2007 at 3:56pm | IP Logged 
senor smile. I think so. You can get pleco for either Palm or pocket pc. If you go to pleco.com the site will tell you the system requirements for running pleco. There's 3 different levels and the system requirements vary depending on which one you select.

owshawng
United States
Joined 6829 days ago

202 posts - 217 votes 
Speaks: English*

Message 19 of 19
03 December 2007 at 9:31pm | IP Logged 
Last week I ordered a Palm TX. When it arrives I'm going to install Pleco in it for its electronic flashcard system. I've also put in at least 30 minutes a day of Mandarin and I started studying Spanish for 10 to 15 minutes at a time. I had been a stay at home dad until this week, but now with work, and being the family chauffeur and cook, I'm going to have to rework my study habits and time management. I think I'll wind up studying in 5 to 15 minute increments throughout the day. I'll also have to learn how to recapture lost moments like chorusing a previously listened to lesson while getting ready for work, cooking, etc. I still want to upgrade my subscription to Chinesepod later this month.

This discussion contains 19 messages over 3 pages: << Prev 1 2

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version