OrlMoth
Groupie
United StatesRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 6307 days ago

77 posts - 83 votes 
2 sounds

Message 9 of 15
12 October 2007 at 12:43pm | IP Logged 
Oh, sorry if I made it look like it was an unsafe country. I meant, if you do go to the bad places, or some unlucky town, who knows what might happen! Or let someone know where you are! Corruption can be a real pain in some small towns, even for the natives. I know a few people who have been held in small towns for months until someone found them and bailed them out. It's not common, but it happens. There's plenty of posters for lost tourists, too. Most of them had expensive equipment or drove very nice cars.

As for the Mormon missionaries, I've noticed they always set up a native and a foreigner. Is that true for other countries? As they go house to house, the native talks as the foreigner does smaller tasks until he is able to talk by himself.
1 person has voted this message useful

glossa.passion
Triglot
Germany
Joined 6264 days ago

267 posts - 349 votes 
1 sounds
Speaks: German*, EnglishC1, Danish
Studies: Spanish, Dutch

Message 10 of 15
19 October 2007 at 7:11am | IP Logged 
Thanks both to you for your recommendations! But there's lots of time ahead until I can visit Mexico. First my husband and I want to travel extensively in Europe with our old VW Van :-)

Episode 6 of "Hablamos español" happened at a market place, the grammar points were possesive pronouns (second part), the preposition "de" and the numbers from 21 to 30.

Episode 7 was located at a camping-site in Spain. The grammar was about the use of the definite article and the "tener que" construction. I learned one new word: roulotte.

Tomorrow there's also starting a 13-episodes-Spanish-sitcom ("Extra en español") with accompanying textmaterial free on internet here (in German)
Although it is aimed for young people, I'll defintely have a look :-)

glossa.passion
Triglot
Germany
Joined 6264 days ago

267 posts - 349 votes 
1 sounds

Message 11 of 15
28 October 2007 at 6:12am | IP Logged 
Episode 8 of "Hablamos español" took place on the beach, in a boutique and at a sales booth for fruit. The grammar covered demonstrative pronouns such as aquel, aquella, aquello and aquí, ahí, allí. Numbers from 20 to 40 should be learned.

The first episode of "Extra en español" was completely in Spanish in a typical sitcom-style. Lots of laughing on my side! I taped it with online tv recorder and extracted the audio in mp3-format for my player. With the transcription at hand I listened to it a few times. It's funny and for me another easy way to review Spanish.

So now I have one or two hours per week with Spanish. But it feels not like language learning at all. I am surprised how much Spanish is still present in my brain.

rafal
Diglot
Groupie
Poland
besmart.pl
Joined 6797 days ago

83 posts - 85 votes 
2 sounds
Speaks: Polish*, EnglishC1
Studies: German, Spanish

Message 12 of 15
10 November 2007 at 12:09pm | IP Logged 
Thanks for letting us know that there's such a show on TV.

I watched it today for the first time. It was 11th episode and I must say it was really nice! It's interesting and it's fun and above all I was really happy to be able to understand everything that was said.

I recommend it to all the Europeans having a satellite tuner as br-alpha tv station is available for free in whole Europe through Astra 19.2E satellite.

glossa.passion
Triglot
Germany
Joined 6264 days ago

267 posts - 349 votes 
1 sounds

Message 13 of 15
19 November 2007 at 10:29am | IP Logged 
You're welcome, rafal :-)
I still watch every episode with great pleasure and like you, I've understand everything so far.

glossa.passion
Triglot
Germany
Joined 6264 days ago

267 posts - 349 votes 
1 sounds

Message 14 of 15
25 November 2007 at 2:32pm | IP Logged 
With the episode 13 this weekend the first book has come to an end, meaning the first third of the course is already over. I'll stay with it and ponder, if I'd have time enough to work through the Linguaphone Spanish Pro or one of the other Spanish courses on my shelves. Probably I'll wait till the end of the TV-course. By then my Danish studies should be on an intermediate stage...

glossa.passion
Triglot
Germany
Joined 6264 days ago

267 posts - 349 votes 
1 sounds

Message 15 of 15
02 December 2007 at 7:48am | IP Logged 
The second season began on Saturday with espisode 14 and for the first time I did some "afterwork" - I revised el imperativo. There are plenty of exercises in grammar books.

I also took out my old "Berlitz Self-Teacher Spanish" from 1949. It's amazing, how sentences could be arranged in a row, so one could learn only from reading. Even without audio it's a wonderful study-resource.

This discussion contains 15 messages over 2 pages: << Prev 1

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version